iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

scared of the woods!

Started by timberlinetree, July 20, 2014, 06:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberlinetree

I know sometimes working alone at nite in the woods can be a little spooky.when my brother died I didn't like the woods. Not to long ago when I was hit by a tree I didn't like that spot in the woods. I have been working down south in Va.and Nc. For the past few weeks and something got me that I didn't even see. CHIGGERS! All along my ankles,waist,etc. With the heat and the itching I was going mental. I don't like these things and am not that much of a wuss puss but I am a little scared of        the woods these days! Stay safe :)
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

LeeB

Chiggers will make anybody scared. I'd rather do battle with the ticks than with chiggers.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ed_K

I used to soak in a bathtub with clorax bleach in the water, got a lot working in north Tx.
Ed K

SwampDonkey

Want nothing to do with them. Deer flies are bad enough, I'm staying north. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

treeslayer2003

welcome to the south :D

if you think you got um crawling on ya, shower with flea n tick shampoo as soon as ya get home. it will get rid of most of um.......once they in yer skin, yer stuck with um for a few days.

terry f

mesquite buckeye

If you insect repellent your ankle, beltline and around the openings of you shirt they aren't too bad.  ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

I don't like it when I find a couple hundred of them on me at once. >:(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

CCC4

I eat a lot of hot sauce on meals and a lot of spicey seasoning. I think this helps to some extent. I am not bothered with chiggars as much as I am seed ticks. After being hospitalized the week of my 30th birthday due to tick fever, I crenge when seeing a blob 500+ of seed ticks moving up my leg. It makes me wanna puke honestly.

+1 on the bleach bath...scrub till you bleed and get in a hot bleach bath! You might wanna squeal if no one is within hearing distance! LMAO!

LeeB

Quote from: terry f on July 20, 2014, 01:17:57 PM
   What are chiggers?

Evil little beasties about the size of a pin head that bite and feed on blood. Like all other blood suckers, they leave behind an itch. The itch comes from the tube that is created by a chemical in thier saliva that hardens to keep the tube open while they feed. Also know as redbugs. You won't ever get just one. Usually they attack by the dozens. They are fond of tall grasses and open brushy areas. I hates chiggers.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

luvmexfood

They are the devil themselves. Itch is similiar to poison.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

LeeB

I don't know if it's similar to poison, but it'll sure make you think about swallowing some to make it stop.

clww

The job we're finishing this week was loaded with chiggers AND ticks. I hate them both right down there with leeches, mosquitoes, horse flies, and fire ants. >:( >:( >:(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Quote from: LeeB on July 20, 2014, 02:13:17 PMEvil little beasties about the size of a pin head 
Lee, I would think more toward the pin "point" than head.  They are best seen by holding a flashlight and shining across the red spot.  They mostly stick where hairs emerge or at a point where clothing fits tightly.  Think elastic.  The color can vary from red to orange, yellow, and sometimes white.  I hates chiggers too.  chigger
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

red oaks lumber

yuuppp, living up north when you freeze your twig and berries you have no chiggers . ;D i think i just convinced myself i like winter? :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

drobertson

they are horrible!  Flowers of sulfur works pretty good around the waist line and ankles.  But once they get you its over for day or few.  Seed ticks,, are not much better, at least if found soon enough and a bleach bath is close by you can do some good that way.   Spray and dust, or stay away from their domain. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Maine372

I can understand being scared of the woods. I worked for a short time marking timber. I was literally going woods crazy. every noise, every shadow started to make me nervous. had a dead rotten birch fall over near me one day. I never did see if an animal tried to climb it and that's why it fell or if it was just a freak thing. I just couldn't take it anymore. I can work alone logging just fine. I guess the machines keep my company. but to just be me in the woods alone all day, no thanks.

WDH

One way to recognize a rookie Forester in the Deep South was when he/she sat down on the pine straw in the woods.  Redbugs love pine straw. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Barney II

The only thing that we really have to deal with up north here  is the big foot  and they only come out in the winter.  You can tell their track because they wear a size twelve 5 buckle overshoe.  I understand that most of them are a little south of here-----Spooner I think someone said. :D  8) ;D :)
Ya never know
Woodmizer  1985 lt30

gfadvm

Chiggers are the larval stage of grass mites.

The best prevention I have found is to spray my pant legs and socks with a PineSol/water mix (1:2) before going in the grass/brush. Off works also but gets a little pricey.

Once you have been attacked, triamcinolone crème works great to stop the itch and allow you to sleep. It requires a script but not too expensive.

Jeff

I experienced Chiggers after visiting Brother Noble several years ago down in Drury Mo. They struck the day I got home. He thought it was pretty funny when I called him.  I loved Noble. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

BargeMonkey

Besides maybe the occasional tick we dont have it to bad for bugs up here. The bears, mountain lions and snakes are what you really wanna watch for. DEC wont admit that they have helped re-introduce the mountain lions into NY but we are getting closer to having dead proof. Lots and lots of bears.

mesquite buckeye

When somebody hits one with a car it is hard to hide. ;D No doubt somebody's pet escaped. ::)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on July 21, 2014, 09:53:29 AM
When somebody hits one with a car it is hard to hide. ;D No doubt somebody's pet escaped. ::)

The one they hit in CT recently had been tracked from CO ? They knew it was headed this way, but publicly deny it. We had a problem 3yrs ago with a guys beef cows down the road, kept finding pieces of calves in the trees. The state did everything they could to ignore it, but it wont be a problem till they eat a few city children then oh my god do something. 

enigmaT120

Man I think I'll stay home.  Few ticks, and none of that other stuff.  Rattle snakes are very rare my side of the Cascades.  Yeah we have bears and mountain lions, no biggie.  The only real thing to worry about is idiots with guns, whether due to stray rounds or fires they start.

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

terry f

I've said before, how do you guys in the upper Midwest and Northeast not have Mountain Lions with all the cover and deer you have. Loggers in the West have worked around them for a 150 years, and so far we haven't lost a logger to a Wolf or Lion yet.

ozarkgem

got a few chiggers as we speak. Use a good high deet insect repellent around and on you socks and boots and tuck your pant legs in your boot or got some old military blousers and take a shower as soon as you get home. Only a few will get through that.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Alligator

Quote from: terry f on July 20, 2014, 01:17:57 PM
   What are chiggers?

I think they are what we call "Red Bugs"  in the south. A spot of clear fingernail polish on each one will kill them.
Esterer Sash Gang is a  Money Machine

Ron Scott

The Meth labs and Pot growers are our biggest problem in the woods and elsewhere.
~Ron

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: terry f on July 21, 2014, 08:20:36 PM
    I've said before, how do you guys in the upper Midwest and Northeast not have Mountain Lions with all the cover and deer you have. Loggers in the West have worked around them for a 150 years, and so far we haven't lost a logger to a Wolf or Lion yet.

Several joggers have been killed by mtn. lions in CA. There have been attacks in AZ. My rancher friend's late father shot one in the face as it was midair jumping him.

I'm betting loggers, with all the noise make poor lunch targets. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Ron Scott on July 22, 2014, 06:20:08 PM
The Meth labs and Pot growers are our biggest problem in the woods and elsewhere.
We dont have a problem with the local growers, and I know enough to stay clear, its the old trailers way out in no where that scare me. I was riding wheeler a few years ago, out on the state on a road 6-7 miles from nowhere and came on some shady individuals, we get "gypsies" every once in a while hiding out on the state. Ive got something "black", high capacity with an acog optic behind the seat of the truck 100% of the time just for that reason. They just busted a bunch of idiots cooking meth in an apartment 250' from the county court house, I have no love for drug addicts.

samandothers

Past in 2 of my last 3 trips to camper in Va. I have seen bears.  First time was near end of June near noon I was on the tractor and saw a large bear as I approached the camper.  This past weekend I saw a pair as I was on the tractor heading toward a ridge above our camper.  It was early afternoon.  Had seen evidence of them around before but not seen them.  Makes me think I need to carry while out and about.  I keep figuring if I am on the tractor they are not likely to approach the big noisy orange thing. 

clww

Guy I work with was on a weekend hike with his wife two weeks ago on the Appalachian Trail just over the border in West VA. They saw eight bears in a one hour period. Two were sows with little cubs.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

enigmaT120

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_cougar_attacks_in_North_America

At least 20 in North America since 1890.  Want to compare that to something dangerous like bees?

At least I've never found pot grows or anything up in the woods in my area.  Every time I think about those big pot farms on MY (national forest) land in Northern CA, it makes me a little crazy.  We should have a hunting season on those guys.  I don't even care about illegal drugs, I just don't like them trashing public land and threatening legal recreation on the land.

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

SwampDonkey

I've been hearing an old owl in the woods at night, pretty scary. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Hilltop366

Out canoeing and slept in a tent on the side of a river and just as I was sleeping good a Saw-whet owl started calling about 20 feet behind my tent, had to yell and scare him away after a while or I never would have got any sleep at all.

terry f

There's not a critter in the woods as scary as the ones walking on two legs.

WDH

The coyotes were yowling last night.  Scares my little beagle puppy. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

M_S_S

Quote from: ozarkgem on July 21, 2014, 09:05:22 PM
got a few chiggers as we speak. Use a good high deet insect repellent around and on you socks and boots and tuck your pant legs in your boot or got some old military blousers and take a shower as soon as you get home. Only a few will get through that.
The loins out here don't eat loggers or cowboys, just joggers and bicyclists. Ed
2- 562xp 24"bar
         576xp 28"bar
         385xp 28" and 32" bars
         25 ton Speeco
         6600 Ford
         02 Dodge diesel
         73 Ford 250

Den Socling

When I was a kid, I got chiggers every time I went rabbit hunting. Made me itchy in the privates. Couldn't complain to my mom.  :(

WDH

I found a tick in one of those private nether regions last Sunday  :)

Offthebeatenpath

I had a new experience in the woods today- headed back to my tent on the Maine/NH border where we have a base camp set up for work and it was trashed- poles broken and tent fly ripped to shreds. Moose prints all around it.  The only things in the tent were a book and a sleeping pad...
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

SwampDonkey

I've had to drive moose away from my tent area to. They will run into a tent on there way over there to the maple tree with leaves and stems they want.

Saw 3 bulls this week on the woods roads. ;D

Never had a bear touch anything. There's lots of bears to. Moose are as dumb as a hammer, bears are smart. ;D

lmo506

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 20, 2014, 09:47:55 AM
Want nothing to do with them. Deer flies are bad enough, I'm staying north. :D
I'll second that!
I have never pretended to be anything I'm not, except sober, I've pretended to be sober a few times

enigmaT120

Quote from: M_S_S on July 23, 2014, 08:50:14 PM
The loins out here don't eat loggers or cowboys, just joggers and bicyclists. Ed

And I do both of those things up in the woods.  Oh well, cats like salty things.

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

timberlinetree

Scary!! (To limb up) would have to put the face screen down on that one! :)

timberlinetree

I think I cut down a relative of the witch tree!

Scary driving into this, thought for sure was going to hit bees and since it's on a hill shifting into low reverse and crawling up the hill while getting stung would not be fun. Got lucky on this one! :)

I even came out with some souvenirs

WDH

I have never seen anyone camouflage a skidder  :D.   

Ed_K

I hate wire in a saw  :( hope it didn't tear the clutch apart.
Ed K

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

timberlinetree

It's OK but stopped quick like hitting chaps. Thanks again ed k for helping us out with the chains on the skidder we REALLY appreciate it! :)

Wudman

From a print I have around here somewhere:

"Real Foresters dislike Yankee accountants, redbugs, cottonmouth moccasins, and palmetto....in that order."

Seriously, permanone in my opinion is the best deterrent for chiggers and it will do a number on the ticks too.  I apply it to my pants and boots.  Prior to permanone, I could pick 100 seed ticks any given night.  The chiggers were horrible.  Now, I seldom have a problem with either. 

Be sure to read the label.  It does come with some precautions.  I handed the can to a coop student one time and he read the label and handed it back to me, stating that he may want to have kids one day.  Early in my career, I was treated for both Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Lyme disease.  I'll take the permanone over the chiggers anyday.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Southside

I started to use "Bronco" fly spray this summer.  We put it on the horse and it works for him so I figured why not try it?  We buy it in gallon jugs and transfer it into a bottle sprayer.  I apply it to my pants and shirt, helmet, in the morning and I am really happy with the job it has been doing.  The biting flies stay away and maybe one tick a day most of the time is all I find. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

Southside logger,probably the Bronco is cheaper too. I use to use it on our horses too. But I had to spray it on my hands to apply it to the horses. I never could get them use to the noise of that spray bottle pointing at them. At my hands was fine,but point it towards them,and they would take off.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

I see that Permanone and Bronco both have pymethrin in them. Maybe that what is good for ticks.

I use Deet for the chiggers, and seems to work ok.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

But the Permanone does not go on your skin.  Clothing only.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Right... that is what they say.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

timberlinetree

Well this is a new one! What got me you cant see. I was stupid stupid stupid. Can only blame my self although wish forester had warned me in the cutting plan!Was in the er all day yesterday. Was kinda scared and was setting off 3 alarms constantly for a while. Two of the nurses looked worried. Think the doctors thought I was full of it since 3 different doctors wanted to hear my story! One of the nurses said I should be on a weird er room show and said the name but we don't have TV so didn't recognize the name. They say never seen a test like mine before and was really weird. I frogot my phone so I'll post pic tomarrow and see what everyone thinks? I'm getting a late start and don't want to go to the job site. I only have one day of skidder work and 2 days of spraying and then forester approves and big payday! But I'm really scared to go up there! The fire wood on the landing that was going to be processed think I will move with the forwarder to another location costing time/$ but don't like this place anymore! Its taking a lot to go up there today but need a pay ck! Today I'm really really scared of the woods!

sawguy21

I am not scared of the woods but do have a healthy respect for the forest and it's natural inhabitants. I stay aware of my surroundings and make sure I know where I am. Only been been scared by a bear once in camp, got between a sow and a cub, but she was more interested in the garbage cans.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

John Mc

Quote from: Magicman on July 31, 2014, 10:35:39 PM
But the Permanone does not go on your skin.  Clothing only.

I had heard the reason for that was because pymethrin breaks down on contact with your skin, losing its effectiveness -- not because of any concerns about toxicity.  However, now I'm wondering if I heard wrong.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

timberlinetree

Well this is what I think got me radio waves or emf or something. My heart was fine until started parking in front of it and now my heart is pumping funny. Feels like I having a heart attack!

Stupid me didn't read warning signs

This one in fine print on bottom says serious injury

In the hospital they also put the heart jump start pads on me!

This thing really messed me up( I think) and I don't like it one bit! If anyone is working near these things, be careful!

timberlinetree

Talked to someone finnaly from the tower! They say its leased then sub leased and is going to try and contact the owner. Then he wanted to know if we were in front of it, how close and how long. I don't like this thing one bit! Yesterday my heart started skipping instead of overheating. I can hear it through my earmuffs when I stop.

timberlinetree

Well they didn't get back to me. Not shure what to do now. Science I haven't been around the tower I'm getting better. Was real happy to wake up and not feel my heart pounding out of my chest.not shire how far away I need to be from this thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BargeMonkey

Wow.  Hey at least your alive, yeah thats really something. Wow.

Kodiakmac

"...Like all other blood suckers, they leave behind an itch...."

Oh, those things.  in Ontario we call them Liberal politicians.
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

Maine logger88

Glad to hear you are feeling better! I have no clue on the tower never been around one. Stay safe!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

thecfarm

I have never been around one. But if I felt like you did,I would keep away from them things!!!  They could find you dead in front of that tower.  :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ScottAR

Emf is nothing to scoff at...  Some of the big ones can kill birds.

For the itchy chigger bites, take a warm bath with epsom salts.  calms the itch down a lot.
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

timberlinetree

Thanks everyone! Well my heart is like a nicely tuned Detroit 353 at an idle, nice and steady. Didn't even need to go to the cardiogist because I'm feeling great. I got a hold of the tower people and wished Marcia talked to them since I got a little confused. Never found out who's using the tower, that it shoots signals, don't go in front of it, and didn't find out what serious injury you could get from this thing. Somewhere along the line he said the radiation word like that's around it? Not sure if Marcia homemade laundry soap works on that stuff so if anyone knows about radiation and could chime in that would be great. I know it's bad and stay away which I am doing. After I got off the phone I realized this guy was an expert at beating around the bush. Maybe he thought I was a sue happy person. If I sued all the people I could have I would be overweight from to much steak and have heart problems so I don't take that route especially when it's my fault. I am almost done with job! Should I call the DEP about the radiation to see if that stuff is around? I don't want to be bringing this home and don't know anything about radiation.Thanks

beenthere

timberlinetree
Relax a bit, and don't get too hyper.   ;D

Seems you are throwing a lot of things together that may just be partially true because (as you admit) it is confusing. i.e. there are different kinds of radiation, some good, some not so good.

Keep looking into this, but I'd suggest you avoiding the immediate area of the "beast" would be your best bet. And seeing a Dr. to get checked out would be your second best bet.  ;)
south central Wisconsin

treeslayer2003

timberline, was it hot when you had that episode? i have had my heart do that from dehydration.........it happens fast and you don't really feel thirsty. if you sweat like i do, ya can't really drink that much water fast enough.........keep hydrating at home in the ac.

lopet

Don't know much about radiation either, but sounds scary enough, to take it serious.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

BargeMonkey

Those big satellite's are similar to a marine radar unit, dont get anywhere near it.  The path of "projection" can burn you, and from what I read cell phone towers emit much higher EMF than say an X-ray machine at a hospital. Good to hear your alright but I would not hang around on that job forever, some of the effects ive read are quite nasty.

Hilltop366

If it was that bad you would think a larger area would be fenced off to actually keep (most) people away.

timberlinetree

Sorry to go on this whole star wars zapping radio waves thing really got me nervous especially when in the er. Will do been there and Marcia agrees. Tree slayer my heart was overbeating for a week and half +/-  until went to er I was drinking lots of water and wasn't to hot but that might do it glad your OK! Hill top I think the problem was being in front of it! To be honest I was parking right in front of it . durning lunch I was getting really tired and taking naps it got bad and I was up to an hour and half . the more time I spent in front the more tired(really tired) I got. Now no need for nap! We just have to cut/split 2 full cords of green,deliver the split stuff and as soon as we get the forwarder move the rest of the wood down the hill. Found out the owner gets 20k a year for having this on his land!  Becarefull out there! Thank everyone!

treeslayer2003

timberline what exactly did they do to you in the er and what did they say was wrong? sorry, i didn't really get it out of your earlyer post. i am curios, i have had that a couple times myself.

timberlinetree

Tso3 hope u get better and can figure it out! The tower is a microwave antenna not a cell one different beast! Some people have lots of problems because of this just Google. In the er I had an iv, heart JumpStart pads on and hook up to the heart monitor. I set off 3 different alarms almost constantly for awhile and I think they thought I was on drugs , talked to 3 different doctors. Was there all day. This is what I got out of it.

1 the erg technition (nurse) said they have never seen a heart doing what mine was doing and I should be on some weird er room TV show.

2 the doctors said don't know what is causing it or what it is but I'll be OK for now? That made me feel good, but guess they we're right I'm here.

3 doctors are busy or not that important have an appointment in Nov with heart doctor.

I went to heart overbeating for at least a week and half to skipping a beat for about a half a week. Hope this helps and work safe!

Thank You Sponsors!