iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clearing some Land

Started by DonE911, November 10, 2005, 08:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonE911

The property clearing is going well

Here are a few of the logs ready to meet the Peterson 8) 8)

The pic is taken from above so the logs look small...  most are 14" and up   a few smaller white oaks in there too.

There are two big piles of firewood logs too ;D

SwampDonkey

That's a decent little stash Don  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodmills1

New UPN show..... :D........meet the peterson :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

CHARLIE

Swampdonkey, those are called Whacks not stashes. :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

SwampDonkey

It's only whacked when it's sawed into lumber and stacked and stickered  neetly in a 'pile'. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pappy

Some of us even call it a "jag a logs"   ;)
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

SwampDonkey

rebocardo

Nice stack of logs, looks like a bucket of end sealer?

Jeff

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 11, 2005, 06:54:51 AM
It's only whacked when it's sawed into lumber and stacked and stickered  neetly in a 'pile'. ;D

You would think you know the whack rules by now! Were goona have to send ya ta school again. There is no better example of a whack of logs then those depicted above!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D :D :D

How many whacks do I get?  ;D

DonE911

How long before it's 2 whacks??  I have 4 white pines to add to these.

Yepper thats a 5 gal. bucket of end sealer.  Had my son paint them all for me.... I gotta get a garden sprayer for that task.  I hate brushing that stuff .... reminds me of painting which I don't like either.  >:(

Deadwood

Nice pile of logs (sorry I just had to buck the whack trend). It looks like you kept them clean too. Nothing worse then sawing into dirty logs all full of mud, dirt and whatnot.

You don't have to apologize for the picture by the way. I think we all have taken pictures of "big trees" and then after the pictures come out they look so small.

I cleared a lot one time for a contractor friend of mine...earthworks mostly. I should of known there was a reason he did not drop the trees, but h claimed he just did not have time. Well I brought the skidder down to Camden...a town mind you that is very, very Yuppish to say the least. So we discuss how the road is going to get to her house in the middle of the woods. She used words like meandering, quaint little road and picturesque while John wanted it wide enough to get in a concrete truck.

We cut the road and when she showed up at noon to see our progress, she was applaed that we had "cut her precious trees." I was quite proud because we had a nice road in short order, but I thought she was going to punch me. She was so mad she was actually shaking, then commenced to cry. I felt bad, but I got some nice oak logs from the deal. ;D

pappy

Quote from: Deadwood on November 11, 2005, 12:49:42 PM
Nice pile of logs (sorry I just had to buck the whack trend).

Travis,

ya probably ought to take a peek at this thread... ;)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=545.0
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Thank You Sponsors!