iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

loosing heat

Started by trapper, January 25, 2012, 09:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

We had an extremely wet summer and fall
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

hookem75

To save money I made my own insulated pipe.  Black flexible 4 inch drain pipe(no holes), 1" pex wrapped in self sealing pipe insulation and tape at each seam.  Pulled those through with the aid of my brother and lawn tractor.  The pex is cheap on Ebay and just as good, so far.  I have melt but with the cost savings on the pipe you could insulate the trench. 

doctorb

It started snowing yesterday afternoon so I took this as an opportunity to check to see if heat loss from my lines is of the magnitude to melt the snow as it falls.  Not one flake melted over my lines.  Then, of course, I remembered that I have shut down the OWB for the last 10 days or so, and felt pretty foolish. :D :D!  If you can't laugh at yourself........

I will restart the 2300 up next weekend if my back continues to improve.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

thecfarm

Another storm that we missed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

trapper

We missed it also. and dosen't make me feel bad that we did.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Clam77

:D  doctorb.....  it's the thought that counts right??    :D
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

Thank You Sponsors!