iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CB 6048 loosing water

Started by Central Boiler 6048, January 21, 2016, 08:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Central Boiler 6048

I cam home last night and noticed steam coming out of my vent cap, water temp was 181 checked water level and it was not even in the sight tube readout?  My pumps where making a louder noice then normal.I checked the water level with a string at the vent cap and it was down about 2 inches below my water check tube valve.   I have no sign of water leaking in the ground snow all over the place. I'm thinking I boiled over but I cant imagine losing that much water in  one boil? My dampener door solenoid seems to be working fine. I added water last night to normal level and it seem to cycle fine all night, I woke up this morning and my water level dropped down like 1 1/2 inches in the sight tube. Am I loosing water in my water jacket and its steaming out the flue pipe? I need to find my leak. Thanks

Farmerjw

Clean out all of your ashes.  Check there first with a good flashlight.  When removing ash if it is leaking into the burn chamber would think the ashes will show a symptom also.   If that seems dry, then check connections at the stove and in the house.  If the damper is not shutting, yes it will boil a bunch quickly. 
Premier Bovine Scatologist

Central Boiler 6048

Well after checking my firebox for leaks I couldn't find any water in the box. I started digging my line up at my barn and steam started rising out of the hole and the dirt was warm! I couldn't run the full thermopex pipe into my barn so I run 1 inch pex from thermopex then through barn metal. One of the central boiler stainless clamps that I used was broken. Ran to the CB dealer and bought a new clamp and installed it back on the pex. Started circulator back up and no leaks. Added Water back to normal level. Hopefully I have no more problems.

thecfarm

Glad you found it,and nothing too bad.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

those clamps ARE JUNK when in the ground    same thing happened to me if they are out of the ground there not bad used the crimp style in the ground     glad it was a clamp and not a hole   been there done that  hole patching thing

spyder68

I don't think your suppose to make connections under ground.

coxy

your not but :) I have 4 places I put my insolated pex together I go to my local cb dealer and get the 8-16ft cut offs cause nobody else wants them    he gives some of us woodchucks a good deal on the pieces  I have about 300ft of cut offs stored away  im to cheap to pay the high price for one long piece   :D 8)

Dave Shepard

Who do you use? I go to Beecroft's.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

coxy

Dave Shepard

Yes. Eastern NY covers a lot of territory. Thought you might not be far away.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

coxy

Thank You Sponsors!