iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got some new help for the operation

Started by Kipper, November 24, 2016, 06:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper

Hey guys, haven't been on in a while, been real busy with work. Pulled the trigger the other day on a newer/used "helper"! We bought a piece of property back in July that I am going to use it to help clear it and I was able to sell my old one to a friend. Really looking forward to experiencing tracks!  Happy Thanksgiving!

LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

thecfarm

Looks like that just for use around the sawmill?  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Savannahdan

Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

slider

might as well get you a root grapple if you are clearing land.It will come in handy around the mill.
al glenn

Kipper

Slider, I have a tine grapple, not sure if thats the same thing. I use it a lot around the mill moving tree's. I remember when I first got the grapple I don't think I use the forks again for a long time. I am looking at getting a stump grapple now. It's a real narly looking bucket with a grapple on it for digging stumps up. Should be interesting.
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger

Bruno of NH

You will like the tracks
My friend has one they work great on soft ground
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

paul case

Good for you!

When I bought my skid steer, my dad already had a hydraulic post hole digger for it. I since have bought a set of forks, tree shear, hay accumulator,bale spear, and another set of forks for it. I have more tied up in attachments as I do the machine. I use it almost everyday at the mill. Handier than a shirt on a pocket.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

ChugiakTinkerer

Congrats!

I'm in need of a helper too and have settled on a compact utility tractor (CUT) or a compact tracked loader (CTL).  Would love to hear your first impressions of working with your new helper.  Is that a T180?
Woodland Mills HM130

ozarkgem

Can't tell the size. Look like one of the bigger ones. My plan is to up grade to a bigger one next yr.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Seavee

Looks good Kipper. That should do the job.  Happy  Thanksgiving
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Kipper

Thanks guys!

Its a 2010 T630, 74 hp with 23 gpm flow, 2400 hours. I had an older New Holland L783 and recognized the need for tracks and a newer machine so I sold the New Holland to a friend and was able to pick the Bobcat up for a good price.

I also have a Kubota BX23 which is a sub compact tractor with Backhoe. It has a very low lift capacity and is considerably smaller. I looked at larger tractors but you can not beat the lift capacity of a CTL or Skidsteer for the size of the foot print. They are in some cases quite a bit more expensive but I had already accumulated some attachments for it and was used to running one. Not to mention needing to clear off this piece of property it just seemed like the right fit for me.

LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger

Thank You Sponsors!