iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Do you know what this is?

Started by Riggs, November 08, 2012, 12:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riggs

My wife's Grandfather was cleaning out a shed and gave it to me, I was lucky enough to have him tell me what it was, or I would have never figured it out. I had never seen one.

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

bill m

NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Woodchuck53

Light duty. Beam clamp for a safety lanyard. We have a full crew of sand blasters using them all over the platform that look just a little more modern than that one. That's my guess.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Busy Beaver Lumber

I was going to guess it was a clamp to compress front suspension coils in cars and trucks so that you could replace them.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Riggs

I love the guesses, I have had fun with it at work too.
According to him (85 years old) it is a trailer hitch that clamps on the old steel bumpers.
I have it soaking now trying to free it up.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Den Socling

Sounds to me it is like all really good tools. It has a lot of uses.  :D

Cedarman

They don't make bumpers like they used to. :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Autocar

As soon as I read your answer I remember renting one of those from a trailer place/body shop here in our home town. Boy dose that picture bring back some memories  :D
Bill

Riggs

Quote from: Autocar on November 08, 2012, 04:40:48 PM
As soon as I read your answer I remember renting one of those from a trailer place/body shop here in our home town. Boy dose that picture bring back some memories  :D

Any ideas on when this style was in use? I can't find out much about it...

Norwood ML 26

Sprucegum

I had one on my 1963 Valiant but the car was 10 years old then  ???

Thank You Sponsors!