iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Freebies

Started by Coot, June 01, 2005, 05:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coot

Well i was driving home from school this afternoon and the last few days a have noticed a tree service crew at a local trailer park limbing and cutting trees and at the end of the drive there was a pile of limbs so i went into the office and asked what they wanted for them and they said take it , so i loaded up my truck with libs of good size maybe 9 or 10 inches across.

and they said the tree will becoming out tommorow and i could get more if i needed so its pritty cool , and maybe some oak next week too

the species i snaged was soft maple so should keep me busy for a while 8)

Patty

Doncha love gettin somethin for nothin!  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Furby

Yep, they just cleared an old trailer park near here a couple months back.
Around a dozen or two log truck loads of logs laying there for the taking.
90% junk and I had too much on my plate to bother with the small amount of slightly better stuff.
When ya see those piles........it never hurts to ask does it!
8) 8) 8)

maple flats

What ya going ta do with it? Low grade firewood but a lot batter than having ta pay for better. Saw it into lumber, works good but use it before it dries or ya can't get a nail inta it without drilling pilot holes.
FREE IS GOOD
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

mometal77

Kinda like behind the house from me.  After crown went bankrupt.  They clear cut the whole side of the mtn left fir,maple,wildcherry,alder,cedar.
Some is over two feet in diameter.  I remember what five yrs ago when columbia came up and logged the bull growth fir and left some on the side of a canyon.  These trees where very big and i think i counted eight of them. What a wast.
bob
deming,wa
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Thank You Sponsors!