iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g_man

Both yesterday and today low of 15* F and high of 22* F. Windy and spitting snow. A dusting on the ground. Not cold enough yet for solid ground. Supposed to be close to 50*F with rain Sunday or Monday. Oboy.

jwilly3879

Cold and windy here. The ponds have started to freeze.

SwampDonkey

21 here last night, never dropped into the teens as predicted. But it was below freezing point all day. With the snow, sure see all the moose and rabbit tracks out on the block. The rabbits have begun nibbling tree bark already. ;D

All natural weather, same as usual for this region. The snow will be all gone by Monday. Indian Summer , don't ya know? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Worked in the woods today. Had ice in the water before the bog all day long. That is a first here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ga jones

Cfarm the normal for this area (north east pa) are 51f for a high and 34f for the low.calling for 61f on Monday !
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

clww

At The Beach yesterday, we had a mix of rain and snow after dark. Today, the high was 44 degrees, the lowest since back in March. We also had 30 mph wind gusts this afternoon. It was quite chilly out there today, especially for mid-November.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

We are in for a warm spell too. Dummy me,I was watching the weather and eating supper and can't remember what day. I guess I was more interested in the pot roast.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

Paid attention tonight. Tomorrow should get up to 50. We are in a warm spell. We better enjoy it,may not see 50 until May. But 40 can feel like 50 in January.

mesquite buckeye

82 with a light frigid breeze from the NW. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

Since I do not saw in the rain, I get a day off.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

The long underwear was left in the house today. I was cutting wood in a t shirt again. I did have a lightweight orange vest on. The wife thinks someone will mistake me for a deer. Suppose to be just about 50 again. Rain and wind for Monday.

Magicman

Thankfully today's rain gave me a day off today because I will be back sawing tomorrow.  I am still trying to knock a few jobs out before Pat's surgery Tuesday, but there is no way that I can actually catch up.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Slop slosh slop slosh, I think I was standing in a brook all day with a saw in my hands. Slop slosh slop slosh.  :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

Beautiful poofy clouds sitting on the mountaintops. Just got up and it is already 60. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

I wore a T shirt sawing today.   ;D

Chuck White

Quote from: Magicman on November 16, 2013, 05:37:23 PM
I wore a T shirt sawing today.   ;D

Me too.  ;D

But, my t-shirt was worn under an outer shirt and a medium weight jacket!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ga jones

Yep t shirt weather her. 60s sunny all day. Thunder showers tomorrow .
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

thecfarm

I think today was cooler. I did cut some wood,but was working on the area besides the woods road. Dug out a few rocks and hauled in some dirt and leveled it out,with a sweat shirt on all day long. Did not even do much sweating.

thecfarm

Odd day today. Foggy in the morning,with black ice.  :o  Tired to drizzle off and on all day. I worked outside and did not get wet. Overcast all day. Just started to rain now. Wind is suppose to be strong tomorrow.

mesquite buckeye

It was so cold here that I had to wear a flannel shirt until 9am. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

;D

SwampDonkey

Was nice all weekend here, no rain. Saturday night it was light like daylight with the moon out. It's raining today though, breezy.

chevytaHOE5674

Temp is in the 20's wind chill is down into the single digits and the snow is falling. Good news is that after today it is supposed to just stay in the 20's and 30's for the next week and not much snow or rain in the forecast.

thecfarm

56°  :o    It's raining hard and the wind is blowing off and on. Looks to be clearing out, Suppose to be bad like this all day. Right now it looks to be a better day than yesterday.

mesquite buckeye

There are rumors of rain in the desert later in the week. That would be good, as we have been almost bone dry since the end of August. :(

thecfarm

Turned out to be a wonderful day. Wife had to go to the Big City for a Dr appointment. But there was puddles around,so it was wet. Was kinda windy,but a warm one at this time of year is rare. Got up to almost 60.

Thank You Sponsors!