iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Talk about roads not being plowed. I use to take just about all back roads to work. I would be on plowed roads until I got into the Big City. And that was a major road to get on the freeway too. The town I live in does a good job plowing. It's the salt that cost and they use only what they have too and no more. When we go out of town we can always tell when we are in Chesterville. Ice on the roads. Other towns the roads are just about bare.

10pm and I went to fill the OWB. The ground is covered with snow. Maybe 2 inches?? We'll see.    19°
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Never had anything here that I know of yet, but I never stuck my nose out the door. I was wondering though when yesterday morning I seen red sky around. But sun was out all day.

NB exports a lot of salt to Maine. I know towns in northern Maine have said they get theirs from over here. You'll see interviews on tv some about the weather and roads in towns.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Autocar

Can't sleep ,right now its zero here and clear and calm.
Bill

SwampDonkey

It's 8 F here, but dropping. Hard to believe it's so cold in Ohio and NY, been even colder than way up here for many days.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

coxy

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 10, 2014, 04:29:26 AM
It's 8 F here, but dropping. Hard to believe it's so cold in Ohio and NY, been even colder than way up here for many days.
tell me about it this stinks have about 2weeks of dry wood left  :( going to have to get some green to go with it    got 4in of snow yesterday in to this am  will spend another 1-2 h plowing out the road and landing I hate snow any more >:( >:(

chevytaHOE5674

-4° with no wind UP here and some more light snow. Talking a big warm up by Wednesday to 20° which is going to feel like summer. 10 day forecast still doesn't have anything much over 20° so looks like no melting anytime soon.

SwampDonkey

It's going to rain on Friday.  :-X   yikes_smiley

scgargoyle

Looks like another major southern snow storm shaping up. Our area is predicting 6". Considering one inch completely trashed the roads, 6 inches should be interesting! Are you ready, Atlanta?
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

snowstorm

salt is over $50 a ton this year. all ours comes into searsport by ship

chain

They say it's spring somewhere...and the new 8-14 day forecast certainly points to areas generally west of the Mississippi river all the way to Canada will be above normal temps and thaw-up. However, the middle south & southeast will get belted once again this week with ...ice!

Above normal precip for Ohio Valley and possible thawing....so what's that telling me...get ready for big river flooding..that's good for right now, bad for turkeys. :o

Sixacresand

Quote from: scgargoyle on February 10, 2014, 07:10:19 AM
Looks like another major southern snow storm shaping up. Our area is predicting 6". Considering one inch completely trashed the roads, 6 inches should be interesting! Are you ready, Atlanta?
Driving safely through Atlanta is a blessing, even on a warm sunny dry day. :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

We are not forecast to go below freezing, but rain every day at least until Thursday.  We are WET.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

We have +8° and light flurries!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

wwsjr

Forecast for North MS is 1/2" ice, sleet and freezing rain followed by 2-3 inches of snow thru Wed. Lows in high 20's, highs in mid 30's. Ice before snow is hard to deal with in the south.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

thecfarm

Quote from: wwsjr on February 10, 2014, 08:19:24 AM
Ice before snow is hard to deal with in the south.

Hard to deal with here in the North too. You all be careful out there and watch out for the other guy.
Warmest it's been here for quite a while. The lowest I had was 16°. It's 18 now. I only got an inch of snow.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

I'm thinking this batch is heading south, about 3 more inches for us through noon, and at 13 with a wind, its' still winter here, and looks to be for awhile, almost reminds me of 99', lots of snow that year too.   david

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Al_Smith

We got about 4 inchs of snow yesterday in about 4 hours.

It's not huge amounts at any one time it's more like a few inches every few days non ceasing .Lawdy I've got snow piled  in banks 5 or 6 feet high from shoving it back .

There's probabley18 inches on the ground but that's from new snow compressing over top old snow .It gets a tad dense when that happens .

SwampDonkey

Like the weather man said this morning, what little he got at the house he just took the leaf blower to it. :D Bright sunny day here. 7 F in the shade.

I have to chuckle, I have this set of DVD's of the 70's show called "In Search Of", one of the episodes is "The coming Ice Age" That was all the talk back in the 70's, even the ever reverent David Suzuki that many folks believe every word spoken.  :D ::)

thecfarm

If I had a leaf blower that would of worked too.
Not much sun here,so that will be 21° in the shade.

mesquite buckeye

Sorry it didn't work out Sandhills. Maybe next time.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, 78 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

We are expecting several inches of sunshine later in the day. They have revised the weekend forcast to now pushing 90. May have to open the windows in the evening. ;D 8) :o
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

goose63

10 below last night lots of sun shine today high  of 0 today ice age is back :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

beenthere

Great Lakes setting new ice covering records for the past century... and still more chilling temps to come.
http://iceagenow.info/2014/02/lake-superior-sets-ice-cover-record/
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

red oaks lumber

below zero at night  every day in feb. so far, 54 days this winter have been below zero so far :( last night minus 21  won't see zero today. tonight low of minus 25 or so with the wind of course :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Peter Drouin

28 no sun, In for lunch, out cutting red oak, looking for a truckload of hemlock to show up.  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

12 F @ 2:00 pm, so that's probably about it for warmth. Is bright and sunny though. ;D

I would say it's been a great winter up here for anyone cutting wood. No wet surprises in the road or the swamps. :D

Thank You Sponsors!