iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

And the skies are not cloudy all day. ;D  90 and perfect. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Low of 47, brrr. :(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

I've got 62° here all ready. But the sky is over cast,we might have showers,rain coming in Thursday.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

93 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Was warm over night in the 60's, 73 F and very humid with mostly cloud and sunny breaks. A wet shirt day for sure. This warm this late means it's going to get cold real soon.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

A little on the humid side today. Was a real warm day for this time of year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

red

Nice day for Ducks

Plus the smelly Goat gets a Bath !

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

thecfarm

65° and a low of 60 in the night. Warm for Oct 16. Raining out now. Might get an inch of rain.

Heat is still off!!

Magicman

50° here this morning.  Very nice.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Fog landed on the hills here today, no rain. Good day for bush wack'n. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ken

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 16, 2014, 05:09:08 PM
Fog landed on the hills here today, no rain. Good day for bush wack'n. :D

Still whackin SD?  How much longer this year?  Grampie used to say that "fog on the hill will bring water to the mill".  Sounds like the weather may change tomorrow.  We really need the rain though  Cheers
Lots of toys for working in the bush

chevytaHOE5674

Upper 20's with a real crunch to the ground this morning but it climbed all the way up to the low 40's.

Had a wood fire for about 3 weeks straight now so it looks like it will be staying lit until spring...

SwampDonkey

Ken, I cut to the end of November last year. Looks like the same this year unless it snows first. Just finished off a 50 ha Crabbe block yesterday.  :)

thecfarm

Still a raining here at 60°.

sandhills

Been nice and cool here but the wind seems to catch it's breath every night.  SD if you don't mind a stupid question, what's a Crabbe block?

mesquite buckeye

Low 90's with drops of rain almost enough to make the sidewalk wet. :-\

Magicman

This is some beautiful Fall weather that we are having.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Quote from: sandhills on October 17, 2014, 05:34:07 PM
Been nice and cool here but the wind seems to catch it's breath every night.  SD if you don't mind a stupid question, what's a Crabbe block?

Owners of the land we were thinning, they have a sawmill.

SwampDonkey

Had 1.8" inches of rain yesterday. 56 F this morning. Got to put the manure and lime on the garden today.

BW_Williams

Well, it looks like indian summer finally is over!  I really hated hunting in shorts!  You should see how scraped up my legs are!  Churchlady lady says put some pants on you look like a kid all scraped up and bruised like that :D :D :D :D  Always hated this time of year when I was a kid, Mom would try to find our shoes we ditched in the Spring, but they never fit, so she would drag us down to the KMart and I got the new ones being oldest you know did have one privelege!  My younger brothers would howl because they weren't going to wear my last year shoes :D :D :D :D :D I told them I can't believe Mom found them!  I was trying to get you all some new shoes.  It was great when my feet started fitting into Dad's old shoes, but he told me I couldn't wear his steel cleats to school!  I said they are great for running through the orchard!   :D :D :D :D :D  The bummer was my feet got bigger than Dad's cause I was planning on wearing his high tops, in High School Football, but he bought me some better ones!  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Roxie

Thanks for the weather memories.   :)  I had an older sister, and didn't have a brand new dress till I was six and my Nanny took pity on me and got me a new one for church.  I'm so accustomed to broken in shoes that, to this day, I have my Mom or my sister wear them until they're comfortable. 

Say when

BW_Williams

Hi Roxie, all ready for winter?
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Roxie

This year, I am!  Pulled all the annuals out of the beds, new load of stone in the driveway, and wood stacked within two steps of the backdoor!  Bring it on!   :)

How bout you?  I've only seen two wooly bear caterpillars this year and they were solid black.  That can't be good. 
Say when

red oaks lumber

from the reports i follow, the east and northeast are in for a equally bad winter as last. the upper midwest and northern plains will be drier and milder. the woolies around here have a big brown stripe in the mid section. :)back in the day, the natives based the severity of winter on the size of white mans wood pile :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

thecfarm

62° and the heat is on.

SwampDonkey

Sounds like we are in for the same old same old type winter. Bring it on. :D

Got the manure and lime on the garden and tilled up for next year. :)

Thank You Sponsors!