iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

We had -18° at 9:00 last night and this morning it's 8° on the hot side of Zero and light snow falling.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

-16F here this morning, the coldest it's been all winter here. We had one day the same in January to.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Our forecast is mostly 50's day and 30's night for the next 10 days with 4 days of rain.  Kinda typical.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

-2 and light snow, 6" to 12" sunday :D :o
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Started to snow here areound 11 this morning. It's just now starting to cover the ground. Been a real fine slow snow all day.
There is a big storm coming. Or that is what I am hearing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

75 and partly cloudy.  :) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

goose63

@mesquite buckeye I am gona box up all this cold and send it to ya it's 5 below now
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Al_Smith

The bottom fell out.I was about 30 this afternoon ,fell fast.High tommorow about 5 above.The wind is raw to say the least .

thecfarm

10° and I might have 2 inches of snow. Either I missed the storm or it's coming in later. Snowing as fine and as slow as yesterday,so far. Three deer out back feeding. The wind is blowing,but I see the house on top of the hill.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

It's 6° here now, and about 6-8 inches of light snow in the driveway since yesterday Noon.

I'll be out there clearing the snow in a couple of hours, some is still blowing around!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Roxie

4 degrees with wind steady at 30 to 40 MPH with gusts to 58 MPH.  Brrrrrr. 
Say when

Peter Drouin

12+ of snow last night
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Oh my, and I noticed my first Daffodils yesterday.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

FarmingSawyer

Can no longer see the thermometer out the window....it's under a 5ft drift. Widget says it's 12˚. Snowing lightly and very windy. Got 4-6" overnight, but hard to tell with the wind. The storm will really have to pick up intensity if we're to get the predicted 24" by tomorrow......
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

drobertson

They say a little snow is coming around noon, we are in the 5-8 in zone, with a week of cold, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

rhino135

Woke  up this morning to minus 22 this morning here in michigan, but the sun is peeking out
I think today is a good day to put alot of wood in the stove. Well back to hidernating till it warms up.

chevytaHOE5674

-30°F this morning...

clww

Quote from: Magicman on February 15, 2015, 08:27:22 AM
Oh my, and I noticed my first Daffodils yesterday.   :)
Magic-Our crazy flowers here in our front yard at The Beach started poking up from the ground a few days before New Year's Eve! They do it every year: come up too early, freeze, and then never bloom.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

dgdrls

-4F

got the roof shoveled yesterday, it was at the +2 foot mark.  Got lucky with a slick base layer.
simply cut blocks slide them off.  it then proceeded to dump about 3-6" more inches last night.

This is today's projections,  we may miss it today

bobby s

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on February 15, 2015, 09:04:12 AM
-30°F this morning...
How's the icepack on Superior and the other Great Lakes? Haven't heard much this year on the news like last year.

chevytaHOE5674

Haven't heard much about the ice on the big lake too much. I heard somebody mention something about it being over 50% covered early last week so I'm sure its more than that now.

mesquite buckeye

76 with a chance of rain. :-\ 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We are not used to weather like this.

Wind chill this morning....Zero.  :D :D :D

30 mph winds last night. I think we had 12 wildfires and surprisingly only 35 acres burned, 2 buildings and 1 double wide. No lives lost.

Checked the sawmill shed out a while ago.....with the wind......cleanest that place has been in a while.  :D

Monday night...snow coming with sleet.  :o :o :o

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Holmes

POSTON  welcome to New England  :D
Think like a farmer.

sandhills

You folks up Northeast just can't catch a break!  We're back to more seasonable temps now but it was really mild for awhile, got rid of the snow and got plenty spoiled at the same time, even went a week or so without my long johns  :D.

Thank You Sponsors!