iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kczbest

In a rare occurrence the Lowndes County School District has cancelled school tomorrow in anticipation of 3"-6" snow. Us Native Mississippians are not used to getting much snow. @Magicman, are you below the predicted snow line?
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

clww

It's been in the mid-20s here at The Beach all day, and a steady snow since about 2:00 pm. Will all melt tomorrow when it reaches the 40s, but 6"-10" is predicted to begin just after midnight Wednesday. Next Monday and Tuesday, low 50s with more rain + snow melt = MUD. I've worked a grand total of 39 hours in 2015 in the woods. :(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Buckshot00

25 with snow then a mix.

mesquite buckeye

62 and becoming sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

FarmingSawyer

-20 at 6am this morning.....Don't think it hit much above 7˚ today. Snowing now.
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

thecfarm

6 above now. Looks like single numbers every morning for the next 4 days. But in the 20's at high noon.
Portland says it's the coldest February since 1941.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Escavader

I saw -20 in Belgrade  this morning The planers motors started a little dry this morning with all the cold grease in the bearings:)
Alan Bickford
Hammond lumber company/Yates American A20 planer with dbl profilers Newman feed table multiple saw trimmer destacker automatic stacking machine Baker resaw MS log corner machine  4 large capacity Nyles dehumidification kilns JCB 8000 lb forklifts woodmizer lt 15 and mp100 and blower

thecfarm

Kinda cold by the lake?? I have a job that the river is right behind the store. Some mornings I can feel the moisture in the air.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wwsjr

I am in the 3" to 6" snow band predicted. 1/2" sleet plus snow in the forecast. Checked all my trucks at VFD today, pulled out the tire chains for rescue truck. If we get 3", we will be working wrecks all day. Last Friday with only spots of black ice, worked two wrecks with only one injury, broken ankle, out of 6 persons in vehicles. Almost new Ford F250 and 2012 Chev van totaled. Drivers in this area not good at handling snow.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Magicman

@kczbest, Thankfully we are below the forecast snow/ice zone.  We will be 32° early and will get the moisture, but the temp should rise all day taking away any snow/ice threat. 

I wish you guys the best, and stay safe.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

curdog

Looks like we should be getting about 6 inches or so tomorrow night through Thursday morning. Had about an inch this morning.  The western part of the county had 4 inches this morning with 7 forecasted by Thursday.  I'm never going to get any burning done if this keeps up, but I do enjoy one good snow a year.

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: curdog on February 24, 2015, 08:47:24 PM
but I do enjoy one good snow a year.

We've had one good snow this year. It started several weeks ago and hasn't seemed to let up yet. We're suppose to get 1 to 3" tonight.

Should top the all time record snow for Boston, MA.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

kczbest

@Magicman  That's good to hear

@wwsjr we are expecting about the same in Caledonia. I was in college at ICC when the big snow hit on Friday to start spring break in 1993. I played many games of pool at Maxcy's pool hall.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

curdog

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on February 24, 2015, 08:56:46 PM
Quote from: curdog on February 24, 2015, 08:47:24 PM
but I do enjoy one good snow a year.

We've had one good snow this year. It started several weeks ago and hasn't seemed to let up yet. We're suppose to get 1 to 3" tonight.

Should top the all time record snow for Boston, MA.

Jim Rogers
I don't see how Ya'll deal with the snow for that long.  I like seeing, eat a little snow cream and then I want it gone . Luckily for me that is how it usually works out.  I can't imagine having snow for months on the ground. I still have some snow in the front yard, but everywhere else has melted from our little bit this morning.

goose63

5 below and snowing maybe one inch so far
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

chevytaHOE5674

-8° and a bit of snow yesterday and last night. Supposed to "warm up" all the way to 4 above today... haha

thecfarm

I have 10 above. We have just a dusting of snow in the night. High 26 today.
curdog,we just get numb to all the snow after a while.  :D

FarmingSawyer

Hit the upper 20's this morning and is snowing hard and fast. We've already surpassed their predicted total and it's supposed to now until noon......

DonT

The good news here in Eastern Ontario is that it is going to warm up to -12 today from -23.Bad news it just started to snow again.Will be taking the snowmobile to work today as we are starting some white pine removals on an island 3km from the parking spot.

clww

We had flurries in the forecast for yesterday afternoon. When they started coming down at 2:30, I went indoors for a break from splitting wood. Once it finally stopped at 8:30, we had two inches. ::) Started the morning at 21 degrees and sunshine. Most of it will melt with today's expected high of 42. Late tonight and into tomorrow, the guess is for anywhere from another 5"-8", which will shut everything down around here for the remainder of this week.
:snowball: :snowfight1: :new_year:
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

FarmingSawyer

These two are as sick of the snow as I am.... Normally they are at work in the winter, but there's just too much snow for me to get them back and forth to the job I'm logging easily.....

Magicman

Yup, we stayed above 32° and dodged the snow/ice bullet.  The radar shows that the Cabin is getting some.

We are forecast to hit 77° next week.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

Got 0.1" of rain at the house and about a third of an inch at the ranch. That will keep the flowers happy. More rain to come this weekend. Big cool down though. :(

69 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Grizzly

-26C (-15F) with windchill to -34C (-29F). And I had sort of thought maybe we were going to warm up a little! At least the sun is up a little higher each day.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

FarmingSawyer

Snow ended a while ago with a strong 10 inches or more. About 7" more than predicted. Approaching 30˚...Almost too warm to shovel.....

Thank You Sponsors!