iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

66° now. By high noon I would suspect to add 20° to that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Thunderstorm this morning, I don't think I can remember going into August with the rains we've been getting  8).  Sunday we had a big crew of family to help out working on the "new" place so of course it had to be hot and humid that day but we got a lot done anyway, been cool since then  ::).

mesquite buckeye

More hot and humid (for us humid) 103°.

I'm noticing that sun thing is coming up later every morning and heading south. Winter's coming. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

azmtnman

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on August 18, 2015, 10:37:13 AM
More hot and humid (for us humid) 103°.
Not so much a "dry heat" this year, is it?  :D :D
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

SwampDonkey

I'm wet all day long on the end of that clearing saw, in this heat I can only stand it until 1:30 and that an hour more than the others stick around. I probably drink 2 gallons of water. Mid 90's here, air is just as hot going out the lugs as coming in.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

All that I am doing is working, drinking, and sweating, and changing clothes.  I wonder if nudist sweat?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

346xp

We hit 89* then a strong t storm came though around 7:oo temp dropped to 66* feels good 8) :snowball:

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Magicman on August 18, 2015, 01:47:19 PM
All that I am doing is working, drinking, and sweating, and changing clothes.  I wonder if nudist sweat?

I'm thinking a bit less. You could ask the goat. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

I have almost 70° this morning. But it feels cooler than yesterday. The air feel better. But I don't think that will last. We have a bad fog this morning and ones that is gone,the air will change.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

Tropical storm Danny is headed north!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

mesquite buckeye

The paper says it will be a pleasantly warm 101°.  ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

How pleasant. ::) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

goose63

Down right cool here was 46 yesterday morning 50 this morning up to 60 today
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

We have a wall of water coming, and we need the rain. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I got out of work yesterday and worked outside for about 1½ hours and I was wet.
Going to be the same way today. I have the day off.  ;D  70 out there now.

Magicman

Our predicted wall of water was a non-event yesterday.  Just fizzled out after a quick shower.

mesquite buckeye

A pleasant 102 and sunny with a chance of monsoon thunderstorms in the afternoon. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

So the weather guessers say. :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

WDH

The only wall of water today was the one coming off of me.  Rattlesnaky hot today.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Our weather will be hit & miss for the next few days.  Some chance of rain and 100% chance of hot.

thecfarm

A light rain and 68°.

mesquite buckeye

96 and not all that sunny.  ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

dean herring

Didn't make it to 100° all week. That is always a good thing.
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Magicman

Looks like good sawing weather next week, and I will be sawing.  Three different customers.   8)

thecfarm

66° and foggy. Had some rain yesterday afternoon.

mesquite buckeye

Sunny, 100ish with a chance of afternoon thunderstorms. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

sawguy21

30C on the shady side of the house and very smoky. It is supposed to drop to low 20's next week which will be a welcome break from the heat.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!