iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clean up and new fuel line, doesn't seem to pull fuel?

Started by fairlaniac, October 18, 2013, 10:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fairlaniac

I replaced the fuel line on my Mcollough Eager Beaver. After having issues getting it to run I put a few drops of fuel straight into the carb, through the throttle plate. I pull it and it runs until that few runs runs out. Once running it doesn't seem to pull fuel. The carb is clean, the diaphragm seems to be working. I put a piece of tubing on the impulse line and sucked it to actuate it and also on the fuel line. I just can figure how to keep it running. Any thoughts? Prior to disassembling the saw to replace the fuel line it ran fine. A section of fuel line had rotted off in the tank leaving an open end of fuel line to feed the carb. I thought I fix it and clean it up. So why does it act like this now? Any help?

Thanks,
Doug

chainsaw dog

THEY ARE COLD BLOODED.DID YOU REAJUST CARB? YA GOTTA PLAY THAT CHOKE LEVER TILL IT WARMS UP. SET THE HI LOW 1AN HALF TURN OUT THEN TURN THEM BACK IN SLOW
New saws don't have personalities until they're old

chainsaw dog

New saws don't have personalities until they're old

Al_Smith

What you have is a classic case of a carb with stiff diaphragms and check valves .I have often commented that to just "clean " a carb more times than not is an exercise in futulity if you don't install a new rebuild kit which is relatively inexpensive .

retiredmechanic

Yes the macs are cold blooded but after a prime they generally run and start like new if all is well fuel filter? correct fuel line diameter? plugged carb, bad fuel diaphragm, one has to check it all out but I agree throw a KIT in that sucker and blow the carb out with some cleaner should get you back in shape  
gunfire and chainsaws is a Sunday afternoon Lullaby in the country

Thank You Sponsors!