iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl Carb Limiters

Started by Dixiebonsai, December 16, 2015, 08:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixiebonsai

Just recently moved into the modern stihl world with a MS361. I still run and love my old Stihl 028 but the 361 idles better so Im using it more.
My 028 doesnt have limiters on the H and L adjustment screws, the 361 does.My question. is it possible to overlean the mixture as long as I stay within the limiter settings and my fuel mixed correctly, Ive been mixing a little rich at 45:1? The 361 has been bogging down when I apply the dogs a little, she losses RPM and bogs, I have a  new chain and it really bites sometimes.

John Mc

Sometimes it takes a few tanks of fuel for a new saw to break in and develop full power, so that may be some of what you are experiencing.

However, these days a lot of saws come set from the factory right on the edge of being too lean. I would look at having your dealer take a look and adjust the mixture if necessary -- or you could temporarily remove the limiter caps and adjust it yourself. You don;t want to burn up a brand new saw.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Texas-Jim

If you stay withing limits it wont run to lean. But if you decide to tinker remember zama which Stihl now owns has stopped putting springs on adj screws. So after tinkering put the caps back on or they can and most likely will vibrate out of adjustment.
What we do in life echoes through eternity.

Thank You Sponsors!