iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

455 rancher parts

Started by KjBarnwood, May 03, 2008, 09:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KjBarnwood

I need a new handle for a 455 rancher, mine broke, and I guess I need about half of the plastic case.  I have no idea as to where to look for one.  ANy help would be great.

Keith

bigtreesinwa

Quote from: KjBarnwood on May 03, 2008, 09:05:45 PM
I need a new handle for a 455 rancher, mine broke, and I guess I need about half of the plastic case.  I have no idea as to where to look for one.  ANy help would be great.

Keith

The simplest answer is you can go to a Husky dealer and he'll set you up. I imagine that you either don't have a Husky dealer handy or feel they will overcharge you.

Your other (easy) option is you can look on eBay. I did a quick search and found a top handle for the 455 for sale.

Good luck! Let us know when you've found one.

Greg

gus1957

Husky says they DO NOT have handle BREAKING PROBLEMS.

Others here have had the same problem.

My hollow handle on the inside of the bore looked awful ratty and the plastic fibers spider webbed apart.

Husky technical staff told me the dealer was trianed as a material expert and could "see" no defects.

Husky didn't want the handle back to examine either >>

JUST BUY ANOTHER HANDLE AND THEN ANOTHER , ETC.

I WON'T BUT ANOTHER HUSKY PRODUCT.

Stihl gave me no problems when the coil was acting up on my new 290 -- just replaced it.

That is the difference in Customer support and satisfaction !!!!

jokers

Gus,

Do you still have your broken handle? Is it possible that you could post good pictures of the area in question?

Thanks!

gus1957

Yes I have the handle and haven't had time to devise a fix yet.

On the right side it broke in the screw hole which makes me think weak design.

The left under side it broke in 2 pieces and now a piece is missing -- I think the dealer broke it out as I don't remember the piece missing.

I also don't like the fact that to replace the handle is a big piece of the bottom case.

I'll try and post photos. The last time I tried it didn't work following the steps.

We have a different computer now and I'll give it a whirl.

Thank You Sponsors!