iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 026 Fuel Line Problems?

Started by ReggieT, February 20, 2017, 05:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReggieT

Hey Guys,

I've got two 026's one is I just replaced the fuel filter, yet it sits about a half inch from lying flush on the bottom of the tank.
The other saw's fuel is line is rotted off at the connection at the top of the tank.
What size fuel line will allow the filters to lay flat on the bottom of the tanks?

Thanks,
Reg

ZeroJunk

There are two fuel lines. The short one is a 1121 358 7705 and the long one is a 1121 358 7700. ( double check that before you buy )

The hole size in the tank is different. I suppose if you wanted to bad enough you could open the whole up to use the later model line.

smmyb123

The two different fuel hoses are definitely for the two different tank styles. Yes, a person could enlarge the hole on the older style tank to accept the newer style hose but use caution... I have attempted this before and ended up having to buy a newer tank in stead. Luckily I had the foresight to warn the customer that customizing doesn't always work and the end result may be replacing the tank. In hindsight I should have used a micrometer and undershot the grommet size by a couple hundredths. Cheers!

ReggieT

Again my dealer is helping me become a better Chainsaw repairman. He wants $50 to install a fuel line! NOT!!
I bought the line for $8.10...time to try my fat mitts on this!

Shoulda been a quick fix, BUT, me and the carb had a personality conflict!! :snowball:

joe_indi

You could try one of the brush cutter fuel hoses, more generous in length, maybe the one from the FS120/200/250.
Or, buy the 0000 989 0516 fuel hose grommet of the FS85 and use the fuel hose from a Husky 365/372 and you will not think 'short fuel hose' again  :D

Thank You Sponsors!