iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2017 NYS Woodsman's at Boonville, NY Aug 18, 19 &20

Started by maple flats, August 18, 2017, 07:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

I'm going today (Friday) with my grandson (22). While he still helps occasionally, before he graduated college he worked with me from age 7, first in my blueberry fields (and he really was a good helper) then also into my maple syrup business starting in 2003.
I'll try to be at the Logrite booth about 1:00 to see if any other FF mambers (in addition to Kevin and Tammiam) are there. I'll be wearing a FF hat.
Dave
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

dgdrls

maple flats

While the forecast called for 50%+ chance of rain most hours from mid morning thru mid afternoon, the weather turned out dry. At the Logrite booth, besides Kevin and Tammy I met their son. Then near 1:00 up walks moosehunter. It seems he had not seen my post but fate brought him there at the appointed time. We had a nice talk. Moosehunter, it was nice to meet you and your wife.
I wish I could also go today, but I have a party to go to, a send off party for one of my grand daughters, she heads off to Geneseo College soon, 35 miles south of Rochester, NY.
I might have gotten to meet more FF members if I had started this thread a few days earlier, unfortunately, I didn't think of it until just before 8:00 yesterday, as I was getting ready to leave.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

dgdrls

Made the Logrite tent at 12:00,  met up with Coxy and was introduced to Crusarius,  had a nice visit and got
my new hookaroon 8)

Looked for Chubby, but somehow I missed him and time ran short :(

Pete we missed you,  get better!!

Dgdrls

moosehunter

It was nice chatting with Maple Flats, his grandson and seeing the Logrite family. Hey wait a minute,  I didn't see Kevin. ..... was he there?
Did anyone check out the Wood Wiz in the baker tent? That thing is way cool! I need one. I would need a bigger shop though.  Then there is that LT70 wide, sure would be nice to have one of those. Most of the food was good although I would recommend steering clear of the steak sandwich at the K of Columbus booth. Unless you like chewing on shoe leather.
Already looking forward to next year.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thank You Sponsors!