iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Forward

Started by Radar67, March 08, 2008, 10:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

Don't forget to set your clocks forward at 0200 am Sunday morning... in about 4 and a half hours. (I'm on Central Time) ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Dave Shepard

You mean I have to get up earlier tomorrow? DanG!, make that Double DanG. Wait, it's Sunday, I'll get up when I like. :D Well be on the same time zone, for an hour. ;D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Radar67

Actually Dave, when it's 2 am your time, you'll advance to 3 am, while I'll still be at 1 am. Then an hour later, 4 am your time, I'll advance to 3 am and all will be right again.  :D ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Dave Shepard

Yeah, I just figured that one out, after I posted. :D Maybe I should set mine ahead now, get some sleep, and I won't be such an airhead. ;D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

pigman

I just hate it that twice a year I have to get up at 2am to change my clocks. It is not the changing of the clocks that bother me, it is the getting up at 2am that bothers me. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

farmerdoug

I wonder what happens in the fall when the time falls back while posting on the forum.  You start your post at say 1:55 am and finish it at 1:05 am before you started it.  Or you post at 1:50 am and then read it 30 minutes later you read it at 1:20 am.  Talk about the twilight zone. ???
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Paul_H

Quote from: farmerdoug on March 08, 2008, 10:49:41 PM
I wonder what happens in the fall when the time falls back while posting on the forum.  

It causes a major crash.Don't you remember last Fall? :P
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

farmerdoug

So that is how Furby did it. ::)  Now we are all in trouble, Jeff will have to send out the squad to silence us. :D :D :D :D
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Norm

The mood I'm in from this long winter I think I'll just lean forward. :D

Corley5

We reset our clocks last night but still had difficulty getting under motion this morning.  Being 4 degrees outside didn't help  ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Warbird

Wow, we're actually warmer up here this morning.  21 F! 

The Mrs got me all confused last night when I was resetting the clocks before bed.  We 'sprung forward' an hour like we were supposed to but she said, "It'll be nice to have it brighter when we get up."  I didn't really think about it, mumbled agreement, and went to sleep.  But when we got up this morning, it was actually darker.  After thinking about it, I had to explain to her that 7am was now what 6am used to be, hence it would be darker in the morning and lighter when we went to bed.  She just grumbled, rolled over, and went back to sleep.  ;D

metalspinner

Church this morning was interesting.  The congegation was much larger for the second half of the service. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

ARKANSAWYER

Can't we just leave the clock some where and stop all this stupid stuff.  I mean I work dawn to dark not matter what time the clock says.  The Good LORD just made so much day light and it really does not matter what time the clock says.  So what if it is now 2 pm instead of 1 pm.  I am still hungry and missed lunch either way.
  I also wonder how come that high dollar DVD player we got is not now flashing 1:00 all the time.
ARKANSAWYER

Warbird

Quote from: metalspinner on March 09, 2008, 01:43:41 PM
Church this morning was interesting.  The congregation was much larger for the second half of the service. :D

Same thing at our church.  ;D

DWM II

I'm with you Arky, I try not to live by the clock. I eat when I'm hungry and sleep when I'm tired regardless of what the clock says. Of course I do have to be to work on time-cursed corporate America >:(.
Stewardship Counts!

Dan_Shade

i believe that if you don't understand the clock, and time, then you don't live your life to the fullest....

now sometimes, living life to the fullest requires tossing the clock out the window :)

I like daylight savings time, even if Grandpa Jones didn't.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Don_Papenburg

It is time for another reolutionary war.  THis fall we should all just leave our clocks set at daylight time .  There is no resonable reason to move a clock time back for a little over two months .  Then move it forward for the remainder.  >:( >:(
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Coon

Here in Saskatchewan we do not change our time at all.  It is a big blessing because I know how much confusion I got when I left the province to work in Alberta and British Columbia.  Depending on where I was working it was alway's either one or two hours difference from home.  Took me months of working on a scheduled basis to get used to the differences.  That wasn't good because we changed locations of jobsites often on a weekly or bi weekly rotation.  We went where the work was.  I was loading holes with dynamite doing seismic surveying.  I have seen some very rugged terrain I wish no man to have to travel.  I spent many moons in the muskegg and swamps of western and northern Canada.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

DanG

As a general rule, I don't give a rat's rump what time it is.  I sleep when I'm sleepy and eat when I'm hungry, so I didn't bother resetting any clocks until about mid-afternoon, when Linda started getting into the third or fourth tier of her insistent mode.  The old analog, battery powered clocks in the kitchen and over the computer were no problem.  Then I went to tackle her new clock radio by the bed.  That $10 humdinger has more buttons on it than the DanG space shuttle!  I came back to the computer and got my glasses and went back for another look, and BLESS GOODNESS, it has a "dst" button!  I poked that little button with the tip of my pinkie nail and it changed the time to an hour later. 8) 8) 8)  Oh yeah, I also noticed that the little "dst" button is right next to the identical little button where you turn the alarm on.  I can see some real joy coming out of that little arrangement in the future. ::) :-\
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on March 09, 2008, 02:51:46 PM
Can't we just leave the clock some where and stop all this stupid stuff.  I mean I work dawn to dark not matter what time the clock says.  The Good LORD just made so much day light and it really does not matter what time the clock says. 

It matters when the person who signs your checks tells you to be at work at 8 AM and to go home at 5 PM.  I'm looking forward to having more daylight when I get home from work to accomplish my projects.  Plus, daylight saving time reduces energy consumption and decreases the number of automobile accidents nationwide.  So I think it's worth the two minutes that it takes me to change the 3 clocks in my house.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Gary_C

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on March 10, 2008, 10:58:59 AM

It matters when the person who signs your checks tells you to be at work at 8 AM and to go home at 5 PM.  I'm looking forward to having more daylight when I get home from work to accomplish my projects.  Plus, daylight saving time reduces energy consumption and decreases the number of automobile accidents nationwide.  So I think it's worth the two minutes that it takes me to change the 3 clocks in my house.

Thats not fair. Using logic to stop every one from being grumpy cause we lost an hour of sleep.   ;D ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SwampDonkey

I would like to just leave the clock alone like Arkansawyer says. I would like it to stay on this new time and forget it. We had daylight 'til 7:00 pm before the move ahead, now it's after 8:00 pm. Now if we had some more power behind that sun and remove some white stuff. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Faron

My grandkids were getting on the bus an hour before daylight this morning. >:(  I don't think the Crane employees who spearheaded our being on eastern daylight time here were much worried about the kids' safety. :(
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

DanG

Yep, the early pickup by school busses has always been the big complaint about DST.  My question has always been, "Why don't the schools adjust their schedule to the rest of the world?"  If they moved their times out an hour, the kid's schedule would be a closer match to most parent's schedule, especially in the afternoon.  I betcha they would save money too, because there would be less students riding the bus.

I agree with Dodgy Loner that Standard Time is a pita in the wintertime.  It gets really old getting home from work after dark day in and day out.  Before I retired, I would get really depressed every winter because of it.  I say leave it on DST year-round and let the schools adjust to it.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

tcsmpsi

I only change my wall clocks when the batteries run down.  I set them to whatever time it is at the battery change. 
My wife sets the clocks at the house when the time changes.  I still get to get her up sometimes when she forgets to set the alarm.  Regardless of what timeseason it is. 

Myself, I am more concerned in waking up in the same place I went to sleep.

I always leave early when I have to be somewhere 'on time', so it's not really a big deal if I forget what timeseason I'm in, or not. 

Of course, I have some things that are smarter than me, and change their own times when the timeseason changes.  Like this computer.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Thank You Sponsors!