iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Aurora

Started by Ianab, Today at 06:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Forecast solar storm was all over the news today, promising an exceptional aurora display. We seldom get to see it here, too far North, but we ventured out after dark to see if we could at least capture it with cameras. Brightest I've ever seen, with visible colours and shifting bands of light.

We went up to the National Park gates, higher up and away from town lights. Sitting there waiting for our eyes to adjust I leaned out the car window to do a test shot with the camera. Had a look at the shot, and said to Lil that the show had started. Just a small blotch of colour initially.

It soon grew and was naked eye visible, although more detail from the camera. Widest shot couldn't get all the light in the frame.  

Playing around, doing a time exposure while flashing a torch across the girls to light them up and get the lights in the background.

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

Nice!!!
Wife was up at 10 but nothing at that time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

NewYankeeSawmill

Sky looked very similar to what @IanB posted outside Knoxville, TN....
I saw them once when I was at college in Oswego, but that might have been the mushrooms?

Can't believe they had an impact this far south... No electrical issues to report, but I've never seen the sky that color before. Freaky. You can see how earlier in human history how events like this would result in myths and stories being told for generations...
Norwood LUMBERPRO HD36V2

Thank You Sponsors!