iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bandmill and Mobile Dimension mill

Started by lawyer_sawyer, September 01, 2005, 11:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawmill_john

Franks right! I should be whipped, I seem to keep finding projects, or projects keep finding me.  I still plan to come down and see your operation frank, I know you dion't believe it, but I do!!! And as far as the mill I've got to get it set up to saw up some fir for my new boss, he's taking out some trees and what'd to know what to do with them.  I told him Lets saw em up!  so next month thats just what were doing.
As for the offer, to run mobile at one time I would have jumped at the chance but I tell you what I'm real happy in my new work, but never say never, I guess.  Thanks for the vote of confidence DanG.

john

Frank_Pender

DanG good idea.  I will put in $10,000 right now.
Frank Pender

DanG

DanG!!  Now I done got myself thinking again!  Wonder how much it'd take?  ??? :o ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Kathy

I'm new and joined to get some information on what my MD sawmill is worth.  MD does not offer any info on used eq but will fax my original receipt so I can see what I paid, etc.  In reading your posts you all seem to know a lot about MD sawmills so thought I would post this.  Thanks for your help

DanG

Well HI, Kathy, and welcome to the ForestryForum. :) :)  This is the place to get good honest answers, even if the answer is, "I dunno." ??? :D :D

Tell us a little about your mill, and we may be able to provide some info.  Also, you can go to  www.sawmillexchange.com  and look for similar rigs to see what they are asking.  Keep in mind that those are asking prices.  When a rig is sold, the actual price paid is not published, as it is by private treaty between the buyer and seller.

I know that MD did some "appraisals" at one time, because they did one on mine.  It ain't necessarily good news, though.  The guy had it advertised for months for $13,500 and didn't sell it.  He got Mobile to appraise it via photos and other data, and they said it was worth $9,000.  He dropped the price to $9500 and I bought it most quick. ;D :D :D

Where are you located?  Sometimes that has a bearing on the value, too.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Frank_Pender

Welcome, Kathy.  I see you finally got onto the Forum.  I sent you a personal message.  You might want to try the suggestion. 
Frank Pender

beenthere

Frank
Is an introduction in order here?, as you apparently know new member Kathy   8)  From Chet, we are asking for pictures. From you, .....well just a little background would be great.
Or is there a secret?? ::) ???      :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Frank_Pender

nO, I do not know her.  She had sent me an e-mail today, asking for help on the value of the mill.   She had indicated that she had, had some problem in getting onto the Forum.   I do not know what was involved with that issue.  I suggested that she might send me the copy of the list about the costs involved in the mill purchase.   I have yet to hear from her; either in the form of the fax or an e-mail.
Frank Pender

Kathy

Thank you for the replys.  For Chet I've attached a picture in the gallery.  I'm from WA state near Tacoma.  No secrets here.  I just have to learn how to do these things! 

Years ago we ran the sawmill for business and then just it sat on and off up until now.  Things changed, I got the mill and I want to sell it.  My boys are not interested in keeping it.  But I do have a family friend that would like to have it but we do not know the worth.  I will fax over the sheet to Frank today.

Hey...I see my picture made it in the Forum.  I will check tonight after work.  Thanks again. 

Kathy

I received the info on my MD sawmill and faxed it over to Frank.  He called and gave me LOTS of useful information information regarding selling the mill.  He thought I should start the selling price at $10,500 and advertise in the Capital Press.  If I don't make a deal with the family friend I will do that.  Thanks for your help Frank

PS I think the problem getting in the Forum was on my part as I am new to this

Fla._Deadheader

Kathy, the more you post the easier it gets.  ;) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Well Kathy, once you sell that mill, we hope you continue to "Hang Out" with us.  This is a great group of people. THe Forum is much more then just putting a saw to wood or growing trees. Its about friends. :)  In my opinion, you are now a member of a very special group of folks that I would not trade for anything. smiley_smug01
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Heck yeah!   Take some time to go back through the older threads in General and you will see a lot of our "carrying on". :D

Frank_Pender

Yep, Kathy, Tom even gets to talking about grit and all kinds of things.  He even knows how much to pay people for working for him, a can of cold peas.  :'(

Frank Pender

Tom

.....and you'll meet my little instigating' brother and learn all about DanG, the forum cuss word, and Whacks and Pender's teaching experiences and Jeff's trips through the political jungles of Michigan politics, and Bibbymans final days at his "real" job and Arkansawyer's new battle plan where he mortgages his eldest son and the trials and tribulations of a lot of members as they try to make it day to day. 

I dare not mention any more because each one has a story or ten.  You have to keep going back to the beginning to get the real flavor of the place.  This isn't a day-to-day site like many.  It has built itself in 5 years like Egypt's dynasties and Rome conquering the world.   Yep! There is a real education back there.  :D :D

Kathy

Well I advertised in the Capital Press and have only received 1 phone call.  I e-mailed him pictures.  So I'll see what happens. 

Thank You Sponsors!