iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

i met a ff member today

Started by yukon cornelius, May 25, 2014, 09:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

today I got to meet Ozarkgem at a swap meet we were selling our wood stuff at. What a nice guy! it was great to meet finally meet someone I had conversed with on here with.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Great day I'm sure.......what kind of wood stuff do y'all sell? Sounds interesting.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

yukon cornelius

we sell shelves, crates, tables, beds, swings, barbed wire "art", metal "art"....whatever I make through the week.

the weather was great....meeting a member was great....swap meet however, I think its time to find a new one. its amazing what people will spend money on and what people wont.   next weekend one a third the distance.

ozarkgem

Hey good to meet you today. Did the guy buy the bed? To all members who read this He  makes some really nice stuff.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

yukon cornelius

we did sell the headboard so it wasn't a total wash. I was glad to come home at least a little lighter. I did however buy a craftsman shop vac like new 15 gallon with the large hose and all the attachments for $15. I figured it wouldn't work when I got it home but worked like a champ! I had been shopping for one the day before. glad I waited.

thanks for the compliment on our work!

isawlogs

Its fun to meet some friends from here, don't be shy post some pics of your ''stuff''  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

coxy

pics pics we love to see pics  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

thecfarm

I like to see pictures of what people will buy too!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yukon cornelius

[img]

here is a few things we sell. I have about 100 other things we make to sell. nothing sells great other than yard swings/ porch swings. I make swings with log spindle backs also. I have a post in general woodworking with a few more pics. 

thecfarm

That all looks nice, mighty nice!! I see that hollow piece of wood needs a plant in the third picture. I have some small cedar like that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Congrats to both of you on the meeting.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

justallan1

That's some very nice work. I especially like the little bench.

Allan

yukon cornelius

the hollow log is for flowers. we use the coconut hair bowls like what goes in hanging baskets and then staple them inside the log with big staples to hold the dirt. everyone likes them but no one has bought one from us. probably because one weighs 90lbs and shipping is outrageous high.

sandhills

Nice work yukon, do you guys also make the preserves in the first pic and sell them with the "basket"?  The bench and the swing are great.

yukon cornelius

we do make preserves and canned goods but we don't sell them with the crate. display purposes only. we have sold a few crates. we also make a red cedar version without the rope but 2 little handles on the ends. they are the dimensions of the 6 plant flower containers from a green house.

Thank You Sponsors!