iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Springpoles

Started by Woodboogah, July 25, 2013, 07:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

Took a nice 3" white oak spring pole to my thigh yesterday limbing up a pine.  End of the day and for what ever reason I decided to cut it, usually I would just run it over with the machine.  It was twisted and I read it wrong and that's all she wrote.  Needless to say my thigh is a little tender this morn.  Stay safe everyone!
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

beenthere

But alas, missed the "importants", so be thankful for that.  ;)

Good for the reminder.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

JohnM

Quote from: beenthere on July 25, 2013, 10:39:51 AM
But alas, missed the "importants", so be thankful for that.  ;)
:D :D  Excellent point BT!  Always look on the bright side of life. ;D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

James Arsenault

I've got a scar on my face from a springpole. Maple sapling, buried under my cheekbone and threw me. Burying under my cheekbone saved my eye socket.

clww

OUCH! >:(
I've knocked my hat off twice with spring-pole trees. Be careful out there, especially near the end of the day. That's when most accidents happen.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Woodboogah

I am glad it wasnt the importants for sure. 
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

thecfarm

Them things can be pretty snappy critters. Glad you did not get hurt any worse than what you did.I usually just winch the log off them things,IF I see them. I only have a tractor,so can't drive over them.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nemologger

A few years back a friend of mine didn't see a springpole on the other side of a tree he was topping. Threw the saw back into his face, chewed him up pretty good and lost an eye.  Its these little things ya gotta watch out for.
Clean and Sober

Thank You Sponsors!