iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ride along chair for 2016 LT50 HD D47

Started by Hwy 90 Sawmill, April 25, 2024, 09:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthesauk and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Hwy 90 Sawmill

As some of you know, I am in the process of selling my LT35 and upgrading to the LT50.  I know that the ride along chair is an option but I was curious what y'alls opinion.

What are the pros and cons of adding it?

Thanks,
Jason
Hwy 90 Sawmill
Jason Pierce

Magicman

I am an Operator's Seat user and supporter:
IMG_4894~0.JPG
It puts me up close and personal with the log and I can easily see the blade guide on the movable guide arm and there is no stepping around the wheel, I ride over it.  When sawing large logs I often sit on the seat back to get me above and a better view of the log.

Yes my debarker turns toward me and when the wind is wrong, I may need to step off of the seat and walk to avoid the sawdust but this then is no different from the standard "walk along". 

I have to remove the seat to saw logs over 18 1/2'.

Bottom line, if I was ordering new today, it would have an Operator's Seat.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

CCCLLC

MM, why the seat removal @ 18.5"?  Quick  edit, I see you said 18.5'. Understand  now.

tacks Y

MM,  Would you still like it if you worked alone?  Having to get off and on seems tiring.

Magicman

The quick answer, yes.  Makes no difference whether alone or with help. 

IMG_5928.JPG
I use a 6" RV stool so stepping on and off is no issue.  I often sit side saddle on the seat.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

I was going to post a pix of my HOT ROD chair and can't get the pix in my post ffcheesy I think I got a brain cramp. 
But a chair is the only mill I would have. You can see the grade in the log, make a bunch of cuts, and pull them all back with your hand on top to guide it all back. same with edging. stang up 6 or 8 boards, make a cut, put your hand on them and guide it all back.  
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

beenthere

Peter
If the pic is in your gallery, then you can click on it and then scroll down to the next to bottom line. Click that BBcode normal line, it will highlight, and you can copy it and paste it in your post.

Looks like this using a pic from your gallery

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!