iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How did you get here??? where ya from???

Started by Gordon, July 28, 2001, 08:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grawulf

Asy,
I'll feed him - I'm probably closest and I think you're WAY to busy with the FBI. I posted a thread over on Docs forum about hauling arches and some kind gentleman directed me over here to look at his - I don't remember who it was but the arch was yellow. HANG ON QUARTLOW !!!!!!!! I'M ON MY WAY WITH THE FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       smiley_horserider     Should I let him out when I get there??????

asy

Hey Grawulf!

Thanks HEAPS for volunteering to look out for Quartlow, we've sorta become fond of him...

Not sure about letting him out, maybe if he's on a good strong leash..  but be careful.

Also, could you make sure he's got enough water and some cover before you leave, I'd hate the boss to get back and find we've let the budgie quartlow suffer.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

IL Bull

I was lured over here by Kirk Allen when he linked a post from the other web site. :P  Been here ever since. 8)
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

SAW MILLER

Tom did it!
      I was starting to do some custom sawing and while looking at other sawyers web sites I stumbled on to Toms web and he mentioned this site.Man,I'm glad I found this place :) :)
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

joelmar10

I've been working my way through Doug Sherwin's links page over the last five years.  I finally gave this forum more than a glance and I was hooked.
I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

gary

I was at that other site and people were talking about this site. So i checked it out and decided to hang around

sawguy21

And were they saying that we are a very nice helpful bunch? ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

badpenny

I was at another site and the reply to my question about small bandsaws was "Go to forestry forum.com, they know it all." That was 16 months ago, and I've been here ever since. Nicest bunch of people here that I have ever had the privledge to associate with. Most of my questions were answered just by reading someone elses problems or questions and the answers to them. And when I had a problem, Radar67 had an answer in 15 minutes of my original post. Just don't get no better than that. I never did go back to that other site, altho they were right, with the collected knowledge on this site, I think all of you really do "know it all", or where to ask to find out.
  So once again, my thanks to all for being here and helping this newbie over the bumps and hurdles.( and the ones to come)
Hope and Change, my foot,  It's time for Action and Results!

arj

I got here like a lot of others for, something on woodweb I like it here better, much more friendly
                                                   arj

Bro. Noble

Quote from: badpenny on June 29, 2006, 09:21:04 PM
   I was at another site and the reply to my question about small bandsaws was "Go to forestry forum.com, they know it all.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

I can't imagine who would have said such a thing------maybe that Roburt or Roopert-------what a pair of malcontents ::)

Personally I can't remember not being here-----course I can't remember lots of stuff.  I think maybe Al Gore sent me here,  he invented this didn't he? :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

sawguy21

Al who ??? ??? ??? Ent he de un hoo cant spel
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

oldsaw

I can't remember either, but I think it was looking for information on chainsaw milling.

Like a booger on a finger, they haven't been able to get rid of me either.  In all fairness, I don't think anyone has tried too hard though.  I guess I've just kind of "dried onto" the place.  The people just don't get much better.  Some are even classier than me!!! Whooda thunk it.

BTW, I'm a displaced Minnesotan living in the state of Misery...oops, Missouri.  But, any state with trees is a good state.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

dave7191

I wandered in here about like old saw looking for information on chainsaw mills these folk thought a lot like I do  and were  friendly i just stayed don;t say much but do quite a bit of reading and can get a good laugh here most days
Dave :D :D 8)

Raphael

I first found this place about 5 years ago when I started researching small sawmills... I think I followed a link from Wood-Mizer or Peterson's.  I read pretty much every post on sawmills and then wandered off into the great beyond.
  Second time was shortly after the Timberframing board was added, I did a web search and discovered Jim Rogers tinmberframing tools for sale list resided here as well as at TFGuild's BBS.  I followed the activity on the board for several months before I wandered off again to design my Timber Frame.
  Third times the charm... I came back about 18 months ago and have been hanging around ever since.

We're currently living with my father, in the house my grandfather built for his retirement, while we build our own home on a 5 acre parcel cut off the family land.  My family has had land here in Warren for ~200 years but my roots are from all over New England.  I was born in Virginia, my sister was born in North Carolina and my brother was born is Alaska... sometimes I'm not to sure where I'm from.

My wife is an internet war bride from Iowa and is currently the customer service rep for our local bank.

I've got a sign out at the road that says I'm dba: DreamScapes; landscape design and installation.
I've got a part time job (Sat., Sun. & Monday evenings) as a medical technologist at a VA medical center.
I'm still not completely sure what I want to be when I grow up... I'll tell ya when I get there.  ;)
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

estiers

Erin Stiers
State Plant Health Director - Minnesota
United States Department of Agriculture

Markus

I came here on a big web surf trying to figure out the best use for the 200 acres of woods I inherited.

Thank You Sponsors!