iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

expansion at its best

Started by drobertson, December 11, 2014, 12:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

stopped by the old work place yesterday, catching up with a few friends, Ron got his buck and retrieved this 30-06 slug while dressing it,  just thought this was a near perfect expansion of the round

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

Depends a lot on what the bullet/slug strikes first and so forth, 'til it stops.

Hard to tell, but that one does look pretty evenly spread.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WmFritz

Quote from: beenthere on December 11, 2014, 12:09:54 PM
Depends a lot on what the bullet/slug strikes first and so forth, 'til it stops.

Hard to tell, but that one does look pretty evenly spread.

Was that buck wearing a Kevlar vest?   :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

drobertson

No doubt,  well Ron did say it was a front quartering shot, maybe the weirdest shot he's taken :D he said, this one ended up near the rear leg.  Fell ten steps from the shot.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

celliott

The deer I shot last year we were able to recover the bullet. .308 winchester, 150gr. bullet, and it was also a near perfect expansion and weight retention.
Do you know what type of bullet that was?
Mine was a Federal fusion, bonded core bullet. I was impressed!
I'll see if I got a picture...
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Thank You Sponsors!