iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

blades for frozen logs

Started by JB Griffin, January 06, 2017, 09:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Griffin

Brian, what kind of footage and life are ya'll gettin? Me and th boss have been talking about going to 2" blades and just weighing the pros and cons.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Cutting Edge

Quote from: jclvsall on January 15, 2017, 11:56:04 PM

Gmmills I had a long phone conversation with Cutting Edge a couple years ago about this.  He was working on getting Kasco to make them. Not sure how that ever turned out.   

It's coming !!   ;D  Perseverance paid off.   Now we just have to be patient for production to begin.  I'll leave it at that, so not to hijack the thread.   ;) 
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

4x4American

The ring marks are from swadging the teeth and the frost notch is grount in with what the saw filer calls a plunge grinder.  Vitrified wheel stone.  I asked him why they didn't use a cbn and he said that stuff is too fancy pants and that the turn of the century plunge grinder he uses works great lol.
Boy, back in my day..

moodnacreek

4x4: You stole all my answers again! Darn you, you have learned too much for a young feller. This cold weather really brings out the sawing problems.  See you in the spring, Doug

Thank You Sponsors!