iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My micro logging operation

Started by 101mph, December 15, 2014, 08:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puffergas

Quote from: lopet on December 27, 2014, 05:47:06 PM
Thanks BT
I actually thought it puffs gas.  Interesting set up anyways.  Must have  missed that thread. :(

That's 50% of the name because woodgas has what is called "mild explosions", that's where the fill lid is opened and air mixes with the gas and the glowing wood below ignites the gas causing a large puff. Good way to burn your eye brows off if you stick your face in the wrong place at the wrong time. But no one has been seriously hurt from it and charcoal gasifiers don't do that to my knowledge.

The other 50% of the name puffer comes from the old time alchemists, they were called puffers because they believed that the hotter the fire the better and they where always puffing with a billows according to one of my books..  ;)

Thanks for the comments..
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

101mph

I got the rest of the trees down that I wanted this past week before the snow & cold came. I bucked them up and stacked the rounds out of the way. I'll get to splitting them some other time

That's my trusty helper running our skidder  :D

;)

lopet

Glad you got them all down and safe  smiley_thumbsup  And hang on to your skidder operator, it's a keeper !!!
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

g_man

X2
There is nothing like someone who works with a smile

Thank You Sponsors!