iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM LT-10

Started by dgdrls, February 04, 2012, 05:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Dan, don't forget to check out the "used sawmills", sometimes they're your best deal.

The '10 is a good mill, but not quite what it takes to do a lot of business with.

Good luck in your search Buddy!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

YellowHammer

You might want to add a little medical insurance to your business plan.....seems to me you have been infected with the sawdust bug.  Pretty hard to treat, and takes a lot of money :D

Congratulations on selling your old mill and getting ready to buy another.   8)
Good times ahead
Robert

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

drobertson

Not sure if there is any science behind cutting cookies, I have cut a few, I have found that cutting them on an angle helps with the cracking, just my experience.  and all I used was a spray can of sealer, clear coat.  Nice work, lots of fun,  good luck  happy for you man!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

dgdrls

Quote from: Chuck White on December 15, 2012, 03:07:21 PM
Dan, don't forget to check out the "used sawmills", sometimes they're your best deal.

The '10 is a good mill, but not quite what it takes to do a lot of business with.

Good luck in your search Buddy!

Thank you Chuck,  I suspect the next one will be used.

DGDrls

dgdrls

Well clean-up time and give the side of the house
back :-\

forward to bigger and better milling production

DGDrls

Chuck White

That's kind of a lonesome looking sight isn't it?

Hopefully you'll find something soon that will fill the void!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dgdrls

looked like the photo above yesterday,

today not so much  about 8" down more coming, :snowman:

DGDrls

JohnM

Looks like that just became a Springtime clean-up project. ;D

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!