iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Outdoor Wood Furnace Tools / OWB Tools

Started by Dean186, November 08, 2011, 07:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean186

Show us your favorite tools that you use for keeping your outdoor wood burning furnace clean and running efficiently.

I will start with some images of the tools I use for my E-classic 1400 with brief descriptions.

The first photo shows all the tools together followed by some photos with details shown.

(CB's ash shovel, propane torch, CB's firebox tool, CB's heat exchanger tool, CB's metal hoe, screw driver modified for cleaning air slots, Wonder Bar, scraper for cleaning heat exchanger)

Large screw driver modified to clean the air slots in the side of the firebox

Hardware store scrapper sharpened and angle modified to clean heat exchanger and reaction chamber walls.

Close up of Central Boilers firebox tool with modified tip for cleaning the round holes in the rear of the firebox, scraping creosote and general fire poking.

Close up of Central Boilers all metal firebox hoe.  I have shortened it by about 10 inches.

albirk

Dean it is nice to see what other people use to maintain their stoves i'm still old school rake,shovel, and poker but I don't have a gasser either

hydro2

I will have to get a pic of my stuff.  Just bought a new coal shovel.  Well it was old, but new to me.  You can't find good steel coal shovels new these days.  Drove 35 mile for a $5 shovel.  Crazy I know.  I bought my last one years ago of a junk seller.  Been looking for a replacement since then at flea markets and stuff. 
353 Husky
Husky 372XP
030 Stihl
Mahindra 4035
Speeco Log Splitter
Hardy Outside Wood Stove

ecrane99

Simple but useful tool to clean the airholes.

Ed

buckgrunt

I use an old aluminum ski pole that is slightly bent at the tip to poke my airholes...

hockeyguy

Another New Hampshah guy who favors the ski pole and I have a lifetimes supply.
Cut the rubber basket off beforehand if you can. It will stink bad if you melt it off like I did.

Thank You Sponsors!