iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 025 manual

Started by tbrickner, September 17, 2010, 09:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrickner

Does anyone know where I can get an 025 service manual or parts manual?

Coon

I have a copy (if I can find it on this comp.  ::) )  I will look for it tomorrow and get back to you.  I found my 025 on a gravel road this spring and has not let me down.  Has decent power for its size.  Only part of this saw I don't like is the fact of it not running 3/8 chain.  Oh well, beggers can't be choosers.  ;D   It's going to make a great little limbing saw for me this winter.  another thing I like with this saw is the baffle system that redirects warm air from the engine to prevent carb icing.   :)

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

tbrickner

A friend of mine had this saw for about 3 years and never used it.

it is in mint condition.  Just got it started up and it pulls a lot of power not having a few tanks of gas through it.  I like the 45cc power mixed with the 16inch bar it has.  Like you said, it should be a nice limbing saw.  The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have an adjustable oiler and my old model only has a Low and idle adjustment on the carb.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

John Bartley

Quote from: Magicman on September 18, 2010, 07:54:06 AM
Here it is.  http://www.stihlusa.com/stihl_ownersmanuals/STIHL_MS021023025.pdf

Unfortunately that's only the operators manual. Stihl usually has three manuals; 1) owner/operator, 2) parts and 3) service. They charge for the last two, and usually try to keep their dealers from selling the parts and service manuals to the general public. I was a Stihl dealer for many years, and while I have a great affection for their product, and very much admire their corporate structure and method of operating their distribution network (in Canada at least), their reluctance to share the service information is something that has always bothered me.

tbrickner: If you have a dealer close by, the manual might be able to be ordered from them. It should be about $15.

Coon: because the dealer is the one who registers the serial numbers of new sales, Stihl has a very complete list of owners. If you take the serial number of the saw you found to the dealer, they should be able to help you get it back to its owner.

cheers

John
Kioti DK35HSE w/loader & forks
Champion 25hp band mill, 20' bed
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

Cut4fun

Quote from: Coon on September 18, 2010, 03:08:57 AM
another thing I like with this saw is the baffle system that redirects warm air from the engine to prevent carb icing.   :)

Brad.

I hate to be the one to tell, but most saws have this. Just open or remove the baffle as you call it for winter time use.

Coon

Cut4fun, I never knew that.  I guess I never rewally paid attention and have never done anything to winterize any of the saws I have used in the past. 

John Bartley,  the original owner of this 025 that I have has been given more than enough time to produce a serial number to me to prove it is his saw that I have.  He knows my number and how to get ahold of me but would have some serious explaining to me why he should get the saw back.  The saw was found setting in the middle of a main grid road (gravel) and I would have done some serious damage to my car and possibly have rolled with the steep ditches.  He created a major road hazzard and does not deserve to have a saw in his possession if all he is going to do is leave it where it will fall of his pickup in the middle of a busy road.

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

John Bartley

Quote from: Coon on September 18, 2010, 01:54:15 PM
John Bartley,  the original owner of this 025 that I have has been given more than enough time to produce a serial number to me to prove it is his saw that I have.  He knows my number and how to get ahold of me

No problem Coon... the way your original post read, I figured you had found a saw and didn't know who owned it. Apparently you do know who owns the saw you have, so my suggestion is not needed.

cheers

John
Kioti DK35HSE w/loader & forks
Champion 25hp band mill, 20' bed
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

Thank You Sponsors!