iDRY Vacuum Kilns

'Nother Upgrade

Started by Magicman, June 02, 2021, 08:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I got a notice from A&TT that next year G3 would be discontinued and that my old Apple Iphone 5 would no longer work.  Good riddance because I have been dealing with "lack of memory" for a while and it would not take the latest updates.  Of course they had a "deal" where I could upgrade to an "SE 2020" without much misery.

I guess that it is human nature to put off the inevitable and then when it finally happens we are left to wonder, "why did I wait so long"? 

It's ½" longer so I ordered what I hope will be the correct size "Nite ize" holster and piggyback battery.  With the less power drain and improved battery I may not have needed the piggyback, but very frequently I am sawing in remote locations with low signals which eat batteries.  I prefer to leave it on rather than "airplane mode" because even when it won't talk, it will still text.

Transferring my data, etc. was a snap with iCloud and swapping the sim card. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

I hate change as well.  I jump about 3 numbers usually when I upgrade.  my wife and son always want the latest and greatest.  then complain about not knowing how to do something.  Hope your memory gets better MM.   :) :) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

LeeB

Some things are better forgotten.  :D :D :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Lostinmn

I'm still using an iPhone 6 vs the current 12, but getting notices from some aps that they won't work much longer on the older operating system that the 6 runs on.  I guess I need to upgrade too, just wonder if a new phone will help with my memory issues  :D

Magicman

My "piggyback battery" phone case came today.

The phone slides in and connects to the battery and the charging port.

The external battery is enclosed in the back and the "case" and the charging port is toward the rear of the case.  It charges the phone first and then switches to the battery to charge it.

This is the same setup that I had with the old phone and I was very happy with it.  I'll normally use the slimmer case and use this piggyback only when I am sawing in a remote location.

My "Nite ize" phone holster is scheduled for delivery Saturday.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman