iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kubota Trouble

Started by Ohio_Bill, August 07, 2016, 11:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio_Bill

Sawing Friday all was going well, and then coolant started coming out the overflow tank and white smoke out the exhaust of my Kubota 42 hp. I tore the engine down Saturday and as I had hoped, Head gasket had failed.  The engine has 5300 hrs on it and has been pretty much flawless. Going to pick up a head gasket tomorrow and put things back together.
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Percy

I've got close to 10,000 hrs on my 42 hp kubota. No head gasket probs but at around 8500 hours I had to change the front crankshaft seal. Glad your problem was realativly minor....heavy to the"realative"
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

ladylake

Get the head checked to make sure it's flat and no cracks.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

tjhammer

on a blown head gasket it would a good ideal to just go ahead and resurface the head may save problems later on
tj
hammer

Gearbox

Put in extended life coolant when you put it back together . Just like big diesels coolant testing needs to be done .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Ohio_Bill

Backup and sawing. Woodmizer shipped me a head gasket. Cleaned the block and head, and then put it back together. Changed oil and filled with new SCA precharged Antifreeze. Sawed today and all seems fine. If it will last another 1000 hrs that should finish out my sawing career.
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Thank You Sponsors!