iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pumpkin carving.....wait,what?!

Started by Dave H., November 02, 2014, 10:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave H.

i needed even slices on a pumpkin I was carving ,so I figured why not?i modified my short wood jig to hold it and it worked!no water needed ,lol.

assembly of the pieces

the middle and the top pieces spin(manually)

BCsaw

So we have seen moose quarters cut up on the mill and now......dessert!! :D
Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

LittleJohn

:D :D
I have heard of cutting cookies with the mill, but that is with logs...

...so if you use pumpkins does that make it PIES

drobertson

The limits of the band mills is in the imagination of the operator. That looks like a great carving job!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

Proabably took longer to get it held in place than to saw it.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LeeB

What some guys won't do just so they can play witht heir mill.  :D :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WmFritz

Shouldn't have to worry about tramp metal.  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Sawyer4fun

Now that is cool.  My wife is always rolling her eyes when I power tools
to carve pumpkins ... I can't wait to see her face next year when I fire up the mill :)
Woodland Mills HM126, grew up visiting my Grandfather's mill and always loved the smell of sawdust :)

hackberry jake

What degree band were you using?  ;D
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!