iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2021 Pigroast update!

Started by Jeff, July 24, 2021, 11:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Don P on August 09, 2021, 08:20:22 AM
Hey, I saw Furby down here last week, he gets around  :D.
I'll say!!!  I saw him in Georgia two years ago. Then a couple days ago I'm walking across Jeff's lawn and I hear someone saying hello Dennis, and I turned and see there is Furby sitting on a bench. In Michigan.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Corley5 on August 07, 2021, 12:41:48 AM
We may very well not make it.  We had a major lightning 🌩 strike.   Blew outside flood lights off the side of the house, phone entrance,  well control box is blown up in the basement, several outlets and switches in the house are blackened, blew the main breaker in the  panel and sub panel and the meter may very well be fried.  Cooked the in ground pet fence box too. We won't know the full extent of the damage until day break.  There are craters in the yard where it hit a shepherd's hook bird feeder hanger, and blew a chunk out of one of the concrete deck pillars.  Knocked knick knacks off shelves. Crazy.  Lucky the house didn't burn down.  We're not sure if the power company will energize the house or will require an inspection which is probably a good idea.  Going to be a busy day.
I hope everything is better now and you've pieced things back together today. That sure did a number on your place. Lightning sure is nasty business.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Get well quickly Howdy. I had one of your mugs here. Never far away when I need it. smiley_thumbsup

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Looks like everyone had a good time and some good food.

You fellas just never know where Furby will appear from. :D

Tacotodd

Furby's adventures reminds me of the  Johnny Cash song, "I've been everywhere man"!
Trying harder everyday.

HemlockKing

That is a hank snow song sir  ;D
A1

Tacotodd

Now I know better  ::)  Oops 🙊 
Trying harder everyday.

Resonator

Hank Snow did the song first, that was later recorded by Johnny Cash (both did an excellent job).
Been to Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota... smiley_guitarist
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Tacotodd

NOW I see where my confusion came from, so in a altered universe way I was right  :D
Trying harder everyday.

caveman

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on August 09, 2021, 12:21:19 PMHey, I saw Furby down here last week, he gets around  .
Furby even made it down here last winter.  He and his family were staying at a state park not too far away and he stopped by and visited a while with John and me and left with some heart pine if I recollect.
Caveman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

olcowhand

Quote from: Resonator on August 09, 2021, 05:45:57 PM
Hank Snow did the song first, that was later recorded by Johnny Cash (both did an excellent job).
Been to Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota... smiley_guitarist
.....And when you were at the Pigroast, you were only a 1/2 hour drive from a city mentioned in the song- Cadillac....
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Thank You Sponsors!