iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OUTHOUSE PERMIT

Started by SAW MILLER, August 16, 2006, 08:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAW MILLER

The county health inspecter tells me I'm suppose to have a permit for my new outhouse.The fee is 25 dollars.Funny thing is my hogs poop right on the ground .....I better be quiet or they will have a permit for that too ::) ::)
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

Furby

Yup, consider yourself lucky they are even letting you have one.
Lots of places have banned them, even on farms and such.
Next town over just put a ban on outdoor wood furnaces.
Must have at least a 2.5 acre lot to have one.

jon12345

2.5 acres phew that is way more than enough to have a furnace, that smoke just disappears   ???  Next you will need 2.5 acres to smoke a cigarette on your back porch  :D :D
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

bitternut

Why even bother to apply for a outhouse permit. Just get one for a woodshed if you feel you need a building permit and use it for what ever you want. If you shut the door when you go in who's to know what goes on in there.  :D  :D  :D  8)

pigman

Quote from: SAW MILLER on August 16, 2006, 08:32:03 PM
.Funny thing is my hogs poop right on the ground .....I better be quiet or they will have a permit for that too ::) ::)
When I was in the piggy business, I had to have a permit for the pigs outhouse. Well, it was a lagoon, but it was outside the pig house.
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Coon

The building permits are getting out of control.  A friend of mine just got asked for his permit by one of the town officials this past weekend.  The town official heard a skill saw cutting and investigated the situation.  He came to find that Bill was building something.....  A couple of saw horses. :D :D.  Bill's reply to the town worker was  yes he did have one and if he wanted to see it just go look behind the walk-in door hanging on the wall in the corner.  He did and found an old double barrel shot gun.  There was no more questions asked. :D :D

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

iain

He should have taken the guys name, then gone into town for a permit to build the saw horses, and then given them a bill for his wasted time :)

iain

PawNature

How do they charge by he Hole, or by the building. IF by the hole, I bet one of them fancy 3 holers could get might expensive.....
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Snag

I built a house just over a year ago.  No inspections during the building of it at all.  Just they final for the cert of occ.  Some places just want the fees....

Corley5

They WERE still legal here but they had to sit on a septic tank.  No more hole in the ground.  They may have outlawed tehm by now too I haven't had a reason to check in while ;) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

dewwood

In this area they are making the Amish put vaults under their outhouses which is bad but then they cannot clean them out themselves.  They are required to hire a pumper truck to come and pump them.  I am not sure on the thinking on this because the pumper trucks just haul it out and spread it on a field much as the Amish or anyone spreads their domestic animal waste.  Really makes one wander if too many people have too much time on their hands.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Thank You Sponsors!