iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Twins

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2011, 08:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Remember my friend Rodney who was keeping us updated with the screech owls in his woodduck box photos last year?
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,37256.0.html

He sent me a couple of real good photos he snapped on the same property.

"They had just been dropped, I took a couple quick photos and got out of there so the doe could get on with her business."

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jasperfield

Those are good photo's. It's unusual to see fawns so near birth, and especially two of them.

thecfarm

That is some pretty. Lucky him to be able to see them. I suppose he must of just about stepped on them.
I remember my Father just about dropping a tree on a fawn. The branches must of hit it,it never moved. My Father was limbing nthe tree out and noticed it. We left the tree and went home. Next day the fawn was gone.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

That is amazing.  Surely the "youngest" pictures that I have ever seen.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Still wet.  ;D :D

I have practically stepped on one before. The foot was just coming down and it stood up. Scared the be-jeebers out of me. Kinda like the reaction to seeing a big rattle snake curled up. Was just about to wrap a D-tape around a maple. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

D Hagens

Awwwwww :) :) :) :)
Darla wants them :) How much is shipping and handling :D

treefarmer87

its always good to see them in the spring. one of my favorite critters :) i probably see some when i cut hay in the next 2 weeks
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

SwampDonkey

Yesterday, I had to follow behind a dumb moose for 1/4 mile on the pavement. He was all over the road and I held back so he would find a way off. The darn road was built up high and deep ditches so he wasn't going to plunge over the side of a steep bank. Can't blame'm for that. Finally he found a spot in a plantation to dart into. I was just looking to see a truck come over the hill to smuck'm or some one in a car go under his belly.  ::) ::)

Also saw a bear on the dirt road. He was eating some kinda weed. When he ran it was hanging out of his mouth. ;) I suspect there is a dump around there, it was near a small remote hamlet by a mill and rail road.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Unfortunately we see too many doing the first cutting in the spring. Although I think they're rats with hooves it breaks my heart to hit the little fawns with the mower.

red oaks lumber

thats the worst part about cutting hay,hitting fawns of turkeys or any other animal far as that goes.the discbine makes short work of them.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

treefarmer87

i havent hit any yet in my 5 yrs of cutting hay. i have saved a bunch though. i got them up and moved them :) i have hit a turkey nest, we put the eggs in the incubator and hatched them.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Norm

Ours is a 13' JD moco so seeing everything in it's path is tough to do but if I see them first they get moved.  :)

treefarmer87

thats what mine is :) that is a good mower
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Norm on June 01, 2011, 08:38:48 AM
Although I think they're rats with hooves it breaks my heart to hit the little fawns with the mower.

I feel the same way. Unfortunately I got one this morning with the mower. Now mom is stomping around and trying to get it up. Its very sad to see. smiley_cry

SwampDonkey

Not that it hasn't or can't happened here, but I've not heard of anyone hitting a fawn deer or moose calf with farm machinery. 

Saw a doe and fawn on the dirt road coming home from work one day this week and the little feller was really kick'n his little legs. They were going in all directions.  :D

scsmith42

Fantastic photo's Jeff!

We had twins arrive here on the farm last Sunday morning too.  I did not get quite as close as Rodney, but here is a photo that I took of them that morning.  The doe ran off but came back later.

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!