Sponsors:

(Claxton) Southern Supreme Fruit Cake Time

Started by Magicman, November 23, 2015, 07:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on December 01, 2015, 10:42:19 PM
I have heard there is a few fruit cakes here on the forum.  :D

smiley_curtain_peek
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

samandothers

Quote from: customsawyer on December 01, 2015, 10:42:19 PM
I have heard there is a few fruit cakes here on the forum.  :D
With Claxton and 2 from the Texas bakery MM may be the fruitiest!

pineywoods

Ours arrived today from colin street bakery. We get one every christmas season..It will be all gone by christmas eve... :)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

I am working on this first one.  Two slices today.....well OK, maybe 2½ but I had to even up a crooked slice.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

47sawdust

Once again,a thank you to MM.We are ordering 2 Collins fruitcakes this morning?There web site might make a person drool on their keyboard.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

drobertson

not sure about the claxtons'  but aunt opal made  fruit cakes from scratch that would put any to shame
, just saying store bought is what it is packaged and stored,,til when it's sold, but fruit cakes can show up anywhere at any time,  ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

I finished the first Collin Street Fruitcake and have now started on the second (anonymous) one.  MMmmmmmm.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

Dang, MM your Texas fruitcakes must have the same shortcomings as mine. Once you open the tin, they seem to just evaporate. I opened ours yesterday and it's already half gone.  >:(
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: pineywoods on December 17, 2015, 06:50:41 PM
Dang, MM your Texas fruitcakes must have the same shortcomings as mine. Once you open the tin, they seem to just evaporate. I opened ours yesterday and it's already half gone.  >:(

You may have got the liquid brand.  ;D

DanG

Well I was going to put a pic here but somebody has changed the way it works again.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

beenthere

DanG
Haven't noticed any changes. Where is the glitch?

Good comic..  ;D

Click the pic, and just click the url line below it, then copy and paste that line in your post.
Or scroll further down for the "Insert image in post" method.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

samandothers

Any body had Southern Supreme fruit cakes from Bear Creek NC?  My daughter in law indicates they are very good.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: DanG on December 18, 2015, 01:09:56 PM
Well I was going to put a pic here but somebody has changed the way it works again.

What chu talk n bout DanG?

ironman123

YEP Magic Man, those Corsicana fruitcakes are super good.  I miss them.  Can't eat much sweets anymore but I ate my share of them.

Al_Smith

My first wife made a very good fruit cake .Some were laced with peach brandy .For those who don't know the baking process all but renders the alcohol out of the mix.

scgargoyle

That's why you put the rum on it AFTER it's baked! :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

ironman123

That is right...After it is baked.  Wrap it in cheesecloth, soak it in your choice of alcohol, place it it a tin in a dry place.  Resoak every 3-4 days for at least 3 weeks.  Then maybe on e more for good luck.  Oh boy.

47sawdust

My Collins fruitcake,2 of them, arrived today.I have never been a fan of fruitcake but I am here to tell I have been converted.The first one is for our family,the 2nd one for a woman who has given my family a lot of work over the years.Much obliged for the heads up. :christmas:
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Buck

Southern Supreme are very good. They are about 20 miles from me. I'm having a craving now.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

samandothers

Buck
I may have to get that way and buy one or order one.   DIL states they are good.

samandothers

Wanted to post this for two reasons:

Primarily to say thanks to Buck.  I had asked the question if someone had tried Southern Supreme fruit cakes that I needed to try one.  Buck sent me one.  My wife and I got to enjoy a great gift!

Secondly is to say the Southern Supreme Fruit cake is great!  My daughter in law stated there were good and she was right.  Great nut, fruit and cake flavor.  It was very soft and tasty.

elk42

Sam is that a no bake fruitcake.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Since Y'all done let the cat out of the bag (old saying)
Thanks Buck......The Southern Supreme Fruit Cake is the best I've ever had.

We're gonna order some.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Mooseherder

Hey!  Start your own thread!
Dis here is the Claxton Fruit Cake place. :D

Thank You Sponsors!