iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sausage..... Ham and porc !!! ( pork )

Started by isawlogs, March 21, 2016, 12:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Todays mission is making some ham/porc/pork sausage.
A porc picnic ham, half a pound of bacon and a fresh porc/pork shoulder is the begining of the mission.
   I cooked the picnic in the oven, boiled the bacon in maple water with a couple of cloves of garlic mixed it all up and put it through the grinder....

Smells really good in here.....   ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

Grinding it all up !!!

Also will be put in thee Saussice   the famous "poutine cheese". Cheese curds for the none informed  :P
  I'll keep putting up pics as I go along!!! 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

Adding the cheese!   

Added the spices and mixed it all, letting it sit for an hour or so then its into cassings it goes!

Marcel

Logger RK

It sure looks good. That just might've help me decide about getting a hog to butcher.

Chuck White

Looks good Marcel.

What do you add for spices?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

isawlogs

Chuck

There is...coarse salt, whole pepper kernels, garlic cloves, sugar, celery salt, maple sirop.

I put it all in the blender with cold water, add some of the cheese to help thicken it... and blast it to a pulp, mix it in the meat and let it stand, I make a patty cook it and taste it... add anything from there to help.... I just added some more maple sirop...    ;D

Marcel

Weekend_Sawyer

Really nice!

I'd like to make sausage but my Dr says he will come to my house and slap it out of my mouth if I do.  :o
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

sprucebunny

That sounds really good.  food6 !!

I never heard of mixing cured meat with fresh but it sure sounds yummy !
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Raider Bill

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on March 21, 2016, 02:36:25 PM
Really nice!

I'd like to make sausage but my Dr says he will come to my house and slap it out of my mouth if I do.  :o

Mine too but I'm still thinking of making some mild Italian. Never made sausage before.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

isawlogs

Sausage making is addictive, fun and tasty. Its somewhat expensive to start but like all hobbies not the end of the world  :D
  Jon, invite the doc for super, he'll come around the good side of the food table  ;D

I just had a patty cooked on the panini grill....  digin1 

Marcel

isawlogs

You need some hog or lamb cassings, have both, only difference is the size. ( There are other types of cassings, for sausages I only use natural... )  I buy them by the pale full, they are in a brime and are kept in the freezer. Here I will be using one of each, They need be soaked in water for a couple of hours before you can use them.

I have a horizontal sausage stuffer, I first had one in the shape of an elbow... peice of sh...crap.
Slip the cassings on the flute, tie a knot on the end and turn the handle, I would normaly clamp the stuffer down, but decided not to seeing as I did not have much to do.

Marcel

isawlogs

You should get a nice long tube of sausage. Then after letting them rest a little, you twist them into sausage links

Now to cut them and bag them. I vaccum seal them and put them in the freezer. Some of these may end up in the smoker tomorow prior to being packadged.

Marcel

drobertson

I blew through the dialog, only because the pictures speak volumes, man I know that will be some good stuff,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Marcell,

Yum  8).  I absolutely will not say anything about grits.. :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Chuck White

I like your recipe Marcel.

I think I could forgo the natural casings, the store-bought synthetics are fine with me!

FYI; I don't do chiterlings (chitlins) either!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

isawlogs

This is what some look like after a bout with the smoker !!!!  Smoker wins!    :)

I love the look and taste when cooked in the smoker, I use sugar maple sawdust for the smoker  digin_2 musteat_1

Marcel

isawlogs

Quote from: Chuck White on March 21, 2016, 11:31:29 PM
I like your recipe Marcel.

I think I could forgo the natural casings, the store-bought synthetics are fine with me!

FYI; I don't do chiterlings (chitlins) either!

Chuck,
    I had to look that up, I aint had any yet and have no plans on ordering any anytime soon.... 

Marcel

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

69bronco

Texas Ranger

Danny, you have to admit, that sausage would look better next to  a pile of grits!!!! digin_2
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

isawlogs

Marcel

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

TR,

I swore that I would not say it  :)

Marcell is a poutine and maple kind of dude.  He ain't that high on corn. 

Thank You Sponsors!