iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

Looks like  the water oak turned out pretty nice in spite of the fact that it got water on it. Looking forward to seeing this build.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

Sure did. It was sawed at 4/4 and I plane it down to 1" thick. That water oak had very little shrinkage.

I have a bunch of red and post oak I will be using inside the camp. Looking forward to see how that makes out.

dablack

It has been a while since I was on the forum.  Your build is coming along great!

Austin
Building my own house in East TX

fishfighter

Why thanks. It is moving kind of slow lately, but when I'm up to it, I try to put time in it.

Started gluing that vanity front together this morning. Should have it just about put together today.

Had put my truck in the shop for tires. Buddy call and told me that the complete front end needs replacing. >:( Hair under 3K for everything. Trade in time. ;D

fishfighter

Well, after looking at new trucks, I be DanG if I was going to pay those prices. :o

Truck is fixed and good to go for another 100K. ;D

Got the vanity base put together today.

Heck, it is even level. :D

If the rain holds out tomorrow, I will get back on it.

fishfighter

Got the draws and the vanity base done. Just have to work on the draw fronts and doors. Kind of under the weather and of course the weather kind of sucks here today. :D

Back side. Oh, this vanity will be slipping in between two walls.

fishfighter

Got the vanity top done. I will be installing a vessel sink on top.

scouter Joe

Thanks for keeping us up to date with your progress . I'm really enjoying this . scouter Joe

fishfighter

Got a little more done on the vanity yesterday. Was going to white wash it. Well, the more I thought about it, I got to thinking I would have way to much white in the room. So, I went a 180 degrees the other way. :D Happy I did.

What surprised me when staining is that the live edge took on a darker color. I like it. ;D

After a few beers, I came up with an idea for the drawer fronts and doors. Way outside the box that will make this a one of a kind. ;D

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

Thanks. Got the doors just about done. Wasn't really up to it. Been under the weather, but with more rain coming, I would really like to get this done so I will have time to varnish it when the rain comes. ;D

I had to stain in the grove I had cut for the metal panel. The metal  panel is stucco wire, spray painted flat black. :D

Came up with this idea after a few cold beers yesterday. :D The wife loves it along with me. 8)

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

fishfighter

Got the doors hung and the drawer fronts on. Just need to stain them. Then pull everything apart to varnish it. Rain for tomorrow. :(

Bad picture, but the drawers have the same wire mesh in them.

sawmilllawyer

Great workmanship! Very unique doors and drawer fronts. Keep at it you will get there.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Magicman

I see that you have been busy at home while I have been busy not at home.  Lookin' good.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Thanks. MM, I see you been on the road. Heck, I need a road trip to now where. :D

Got the drawer fronts stain before the rain this morning. Clear sky's now, but the wind is blowing 20+mph. Maybe early tomorrow I can get a first coat of varnish on.

fishfighter

I did finish the vanity last week.

What I been working on is the woodstove base. Had to take it out to install the fire bricks that go under the stove. Heavy sucker to move by one's self. ;D I should finish that up today.

Still doing little things around the camp due to being under the weather. :(

fishfighter

Got the woodstove base down. Going to acid wash them in a day or two. Those are fire bricks that came from a old house that was well over 100 years old.

Also I changed the back door. The one I had was one I had just laying around. Now I have the right swing door that I wanted. Didn't have any shims on hand to finish. >:( Will cut some tomorrow and finish that up.

sawmilllawyer

As always, IMPRESSIVE WORK!!! You are the little engine that says "I think I can, I think I can"! The wood top on the vanity looks great in the picture.

jimdad07

Looking great, hope you listen to your body though.
Hudson HFE 30 Homesteader bandmill w/28' of track
Couple tractors, a bunch of chainsaws and not enough time to use them.

fishfighter

Quote from: jimdad07 on April 05, 2016, 11:28:05 PM
Looking great, hope you listen to your body though.

Yep, I do and it is telling me to lay low this morning. Even the wife is not happy. So, I will just finish that door and shut it down for the day. :(

sawmilllawyer

Probably wise to do just that.

fishfighter

Had one heck of a set back this weekend. >:( Was under the camp with my son doing a little plumbing work and before I knew it, I passed out. :o Not once, but twice. Scared my son big time along with me. He help me out and before getting to the house, I passed out again. The wife rush me to the ER.

Come to find out that I came down with a bad case of vertigo. Still kicking my butt this morning. >:( Never had this before and taking meds for it, but still having my house spinning out of control. >:(

Anybody ever deal with this?

On a side note. Thank God it didn't hit me a 1/2 hour before when I was up on the roof. ;D

MikeZ

ff- sorry to say I have had vertigo after having fusion of neck vertibra about 7 yrs ago. Not much fun! Dr. said it was because there was lack of head movement while recovering from surgery and the brain then doesn't like movement. Took awhile and eventually got better. Now I have small sessions of it mostly from medications. Don't know about you though because sounds like your always after it. Good luck, that sounds like a lot for one day.
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

fishfighter

My world is still spinning out of control this morning. >:(

Mike, I to had a fusion done in my neck. 5 and 6, but that was about 15 years ago and never had a problem after that.

As to why I came down with this, heck if I know. All I know is that this is just unreal. Used to offshore fish all the time. After stepping off my boat after a rough day at sea, one would rock for a few hours after. This is even worse then that. :o Going to call my GP today to see if there is anything else that can be done.

Thank You Sponsors!