iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Yesterday I had to take it easy. Was hurting from the day before working up in the attic. Had to install a heater/vent in the bathroom ceiling. Very tight area. :o

So, I had went back into the kitchen and address something that needed to be done.

Before

It is hard to see, but I didn't complete cover the walls above the window and back door with tile. So that was what I did.

Just need to grout it out now. 

Magicman

Another step Paul.  I like your "cranker-upper" beam raiser.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Lynn. I built that to life sheetrock. Still have more use for it down the line.

fishfighter

Just a little update.

Did finish grouting out the kitchen. Been doing a lot of dirt work outside. We been having some good dry cool weather. ;D Had many tree stumps that I need to dig up along with extending my pond. I need the dirt to put all around the guest house. Only problem there, with the Mississippi River high, once one digs a couple feet down, overnight it fills with water. :o

Rain coming towards the end of the week. So I been moving, stacking dirt. Moved about 300 yards yesterday and have a 100 or so let to do today. Raising the area around the guest house is a big job. It's bigger then a ac. Going to raise that by about a foot. A lot of dirt. :o Sure glad I don't have to buy that much dirt. ;D

Will get some pictures today. 

fishfighter

Small up date.

Really haven't been doing much. The old ticker went into cardo shock and ending up in the hospital for a few days. :( All is well now and was flat out told to slow down and take it easy, which I did.

Yesterday, I had climb on the backhoe to dig a line from the house to the power pole for under ground service. Had to be 3' deep.

So I went closer to 4'. ;D

With the water table so high, you can see how fast water was coming in. :o It is all filled back in. Something about throwing $300 into a hole and cover it back up with dirt. :D

Today, got out early and packed dirt. Then started grading to were I had added dirt in the front of the house. Wasn't a good idea. >:( Had hit a area that I dug out a stump and before I knew it, the tractor bottom was in dirt. :D Front to back. :D Had to use the backhoe to lift, pull it out. Called it a day after that mess and went cut the grass. :D

Picture of my poor little old tractor.

8)

Briankinley2004

I have an old Ford 1600. That picture looks familiar :D :D

LeeB

I'm glad to see you are heeding the doctors advice and slowing down.  ::)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

I had wondered where you were and what you were doing??  Now I don't know whether to admire you or fuss at you??  I do want you to finish that project so I can come to see you and it, but I would prefer that you were still kicking. 

I really do understand so keep at it, but do pace yourself.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

I am really taking it easy. First hint of feeling somewhat bad, I shut it down for the day and rest. Of course the wife is watching like a hawk.

Yesterday, the area that I added the post and beams, I had to paint the walls. Took about an hour and after that I did shut it down for the day.

Maybe today I will go stain out those post and beams.

fishfighter

Been taking it easy, so I been doing small little projects.

Got a dump station in. ;D

Installed a ceiling fan in the back bedroom.

Got another just like that for the front bedroom.

Stained out the new post and beams.

Once I clean up the older beams and post, they should match.

Also, been doing a few honey do's around the house to keep the wife off my case. ;D

fishfighter

Little more done. Small steps.

Finished out hooking up the electric water heater.

Then install the attic stairs.

Yep Lynn, the lift in action again. ;D

All done.

Magicman

Yup, I noticed the lift before I scrolled down and saw your remark.   ;D

I am loving your steady progress.  8)

fishfighter

Been taking it very easy. Feeling ok, but tired all the time. Got all door trim hung in the back bedroom. Had some touch up painting done too.

Now if only the weather clears up, I will then try to start planning out some flooring. DanG shame I bought new knives over a month ago and yet tried to get the flooring done. :(

fishfighter

Pieces, pieces and more pieces. That is what I been up to. Been trying to get some bids on ac/heating. Hoping some time this week. Anyway, just knocking off small stuff, some electrical, some touch up painting and then some more. Still taking it easy even after seeing my Doc. Back on a new/old drug that I took before. Got to watch this very close due to BP had dropped way to low in the pass.

One of those custom pieces that took little to no time to build, but being heavy, was a SOB to hang.

Kept the bark on the live edge. Was a bit to match corners, but did so. ;D Total cost, $32 for the mirror. Just have to put up two ceiling LED lights up in the bathroom and I will finish that up.

Magicman

That is a nice update Paul.  I had figured that you had foundered on Crawfish or Gumbo.  8)

fishfighter

Lynn, had my fill of crawfish. Not one of those things I go crazy after. Now some good fat boiled crabs, I could eat that every other day. ;D

The list is getting shorter, but yet way so much to do. I'm at the point of seeing it finish, but yet I been having shorter days working on it. :( The old ticker is really starting to slow me down these days. >:( It's got to the point to were it is getting hard just to walk to the back. But, I live by the words, " if there is a will, there is always a way." 8)

Magicman

Yup, you are reaching the point where you are wanting to actually complete stuff.  Check it off of the list and then move on to something else that you can finish.  It's a good feeling.  :)

sawmilllawyer

Really like that mirror! Looks like you are getting it done. My hat is off to you and your thrift and ingenuity. Just got to keep moving. Soon to check off another project.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

fishfighter

Quote from: sawmilllawyer on April 29, 2019, 11:35:06 PM
Really like that mirror! Looks like you are getting it done. My hat is off to you and your thrift and ingenuity. Just got to keep moving. Soon to check off another project.
Yep, knocked off some more small stuff today. ;D

Going to try in do some outside ground work tomorrow. Still have a lot of dirt to move in place around the house so I can install real good steps.

Got a AC guy coming Wednesday and another coming Thursday. Hoping to get the main power line hooked up by Friday if it is not to wet. Might have a small problem installing a ac/heating system, but I figured a way to make the room for a system in the attic. I am still up in the wind as to what kind of system I am going to go with. I did wire the house to go with PTeck systems, then even looked very hard at mini split systems or just a standard AC/heating system. Just don't know at this time. 

On a side note, the bathroom is complete. Got the last two lights hung today. Back bedroom is finished up to the point were I just need to install the flooring and base boards.

Darrel

Good for you, sounds like you're getting close to the finish line. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

Had past up dirt work for planning out some flooring. Was a job I care not to do again. Three hours and I have more then enough for the back bedroom.

Magicman

Paul remind/refresh me, the back bedroom that gets this flooring.  It's the old building that you "married" to the new building?

caveman

Paul, I got caught up to date on your project and you today.  You and the work you do inspire me and I am sure many others.  I have enjoyed following this build and lesser men would have folded their tents if presented with just a portion of the adversity that you have overcome.  I really like the look of the oak beams and doors.
Kyle
Caveman

fishfighter

Quote from: Magicman on May 01, 2019, 09:31:37 PM
Paul remind/refresh me, the back bedroom that gets this flooring.  It's the old building that you "married" to the new building?
Yes, it is. That room is 12'x16'.

Thanks caveman. Been a long road from buying a small sawmill to building this house. A lot of water has passed under the bridge.

Magicman

Getting close(r) to the finish line makes one start to get anxious.  Please take the time to pace yourself Paul.  I am getting antsy to come down to see it.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!