iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Yep, they don't make them like they use to. ;D > Anyway, I have power. ;D AC system coming tomorrow. Hope to have that up and running by next mid week.

Magicman

By midweek, you will need it.  smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sun
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Been working up in the attic. Un godly hot. :o Heat index been hitting close to 100F. Slow progress, but things look good. 8)

fishfighter

So, after spending 6 days up in the attic, now I know as to why AC guys charge so much to install a ac system. :o There is just so many parts to a system one forgets that one just doesn't see. :o

One first has to build everything when it comes to the duct work.7 drops and I will be adding a 8th one. Of course one has to install collars on the vent boxes. The duct sealer glue takes 20 hours to dry. :(

Then one has to cut the ceiling for the return duct. That includes sawing a ceiling joist. Then framing.

Off course, one has to build a decking for the air hander and then get that up in the attic, then build the intake duct.

Of course using trusses, one has to cut some braces out the way and then add new braces. :o

Once one gets the vent boxes mounted in the ceiling, one starts aging ducts to them.

For the back bedroom, that was just about a full days work. :o I had to take one of the roof panels off due to little to no room. :o  Bad thing is, I will be adding a second drop in that room. That room will need it. It's on the north, and west side of the house which will need extra cooling and heating.

I did ran the set lines, Tstat wires and two #8/3 wires for the heat strip and air hander fan motor.

Yesterday my ac buddy came by. Asked if I wanted a job doing ac work. Not know, but heck no. :D

Today I will try to rap up everything, but then again adding that second drop might take a day.

Magicman

It also sounds like one waited until HOT  smiley_sun weather before starting on one's AC/Heat installation.  smiley_sweat_drop

Take care and stay hydrated. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

One must also be crazy to do that ones-self :).   
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

When stuff needs to be done and one is the only one there, one finds one's self doing what needs to be done.  Being a bit crazy helps.  smiley_dizzy

samandothers

Well I recon that makes fishfighter number ONE!  Make it so number one!

Great job on the HVAC.

fishfighter

Quote from: Magicman on May 30, 2019, 08:19:41 AM
When stuff needs to be done and one is the only one there, one finds one's self doing what needs to be done.  Being a bit crazy helps.  smiley_dizzy
This and I have more time then money. :D
Got just about all done. :( Got to hot and had to shut it down.
Got that 8th drop done. Wasn't that bad. ;D All duct work is finished. 8)

Just so happy there. ;D All I have left to do is do a little plumbing. Just run the drip pan drain lines and hang up two disconnects for the air handler. 8) Maybe two hours at most to do that. Bad thing, got to go help my SIL do a small job at one of my friends Mom's house tomorrow morning. Hope to knock that out fast and then come back and finish up. My ac guy said he could finish it out Sunday if I am ready. ;D

Magicman

You gonna blow your ceiling insulation in?  Fiberglass, cellulose, foam, or ??

fishfighter

Blown in Rock wool. Cost a little more, but one gets more R value with it. It's what I have in my house now and I am very happy with it the past 25 years. 6pm, heat index was at 97. :o Just know it was above 100 today. Only good thing about this hot weather and working in the attic is I cut back big time on the Lasix. ;D

sawmilllawyer

Well One has to do what one has to do to get it done. Looks like one did what one had to do. Agree crazy probably helps. Great Job!!! Yeah, I have done attic work like it better in the late fall or early spring. Rock Wool insulation is a better choice. I bet your are glad that job is almost behind you.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

fishfighter

Sure will be. Then it will be time to finish out the floors maybe after a week or two running the ac unit. Mean time if it stays dry, I have 1200' of water line to run. :o Need water bad now to wash the outside of the house so I can paint it. Once I get that done, I decided to install vinyl  soffit. Was going to use Hardie board, but I loss a lot of arm strength. :( Another health problem with no fix. :(

Darrel

This is getting exciting. Almost done!!!

8)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

All finished on the work I needed to do. My buddy has a Dr appointment tomorrow. Maybe Tuesday I will have it up and running.

fishfighter

Talked to my buddy this morning. He told me he needs a couple more days rest. No problem there.

More ac pictures.

Also, as dry as it is, more dirt work done. Front and back and right side just about all done.

Added more dirt to the south side. I will be adding a carport there. ;D

With that little storm down in the lower gulf, that should bring some much needed rain here starting tomorrow thru the weekend. Hope none goes to the mid west.

fishfighter

So, here we go again. Had close to 5" of rain this morning in less then 2 hours. :o Parts of the parish had as much as 10" of rain. We are still forecast for 2"-3" more over the next couple days. All good here. ;D

Baton Rouge and area around is flooded again. :o

samandothers

So much building in urban areas decreases the land to absorb and mitigate run off can cause increasing the flooding issues.  

fishfighter

Quote from: samandothers on June 07, 2019, 12:54:35 PM
So much building in urban areas decreases the land to absorb and mitigate run off can cause increasing the flooding issues.  
Not a problem here. This is country at it finest. ;D 
Been some time from last post. Ac system up and running. 8) Been a little under the weather, but still going at it.
Had rented a floor sander for a day for a rough in sanding. After that, I pasted some floor filler.

I will started Monday and get to sanding out the floor, maybe.

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

fishfighter

Happy to report that I check the power meter and in 5 days running the ac, set at 84f, I used only 33 KW's. 8)

fishfighter

With the heat on and the start of summer, it's already way to hot. Heat index has been 105F+. :o Thank God for ac's. ;D

Got the floors all sanded out. 8) Used this beast. Just as bad as a killer tiller. :o Total time, about 19 hours running that sucker. :o

Still have a ton of dust to clean, but very happy the way the floors turn out. ;)

Today is a day for rest. ;D

Darrel

Yep, I'd be happy too. That looks really good and I'm sure it looks even better in real life!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Magicman

:o  Looking good, you earned a day of rest.  8)

fishfighter

Quote from: Magicman on June 23, 2019, 03:15:51 PM
:o  Looking good, you earned a day of rest.  8)

That didn't happen. SIL and daughter showed up at noon wanting to saw up more lap siding. :o Got as far as loading a real big pine log on the mill and had to call it a day. Told SIL that one has to start sawing at 6am. Will saw it up next weekend. ;D

Going to have to chill a couple more days. Just hope I get some rain to help cool things down.

Thank You Sponsors!