iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

Your in my prayers. You have a great attitude due to the circumstances. Hang in there 👍

fishfighter

Thanks folks. I been bless cause the Good Lord has gave me a extra 10 years. The lord gave me the strength to start the build of the little house which had help my health. 8) It's just rough that I am unable to finsh out the house.

My days now are from bed to lounge chair. Not much else I can do. 

Darrel

You and yours continue to be in my prayers. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

sawmilllawyer

Your persistence and determination are amazing I truelly enjoyed the little house build. Great work. Prayers sent concerning your illiness. your courage and conviction is a testament to all of us. Take care, good Sir.  
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Weekend_Sawyer

Hang in there, I'm glad to see you on the forum.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

fishfighter

Still hanging here. Got a appointment in Houston on the 17. It's time for a wheelchair now. Dang right leg is starting to give out along with my left arm now.

On a side note, been able to gain a couple lbs back. Now back up to 150 lbs which is good somewhat, but fat, not muscles. Guess that is better then loosing weight. ;D

Magicman

Thanks for the update Paul, and keep us posted my Friend.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Paul,
You are an amazing man a inspiration to all.
Thinking of you and your family.
Many have enjoyed following you work on the house build.
Bruno 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

fishfighter

Just a update. Trip to Houston was rough. No good news there. Now have a power wheelchair ordered and breathing thingys too. I have gain some more weight back which is good.

Sad thing I saw on this trip was what Laura did to southwest Louisiana. :'( Those people took a big beating. Ground zero was around Lake Charles. about 25 miles east and 15 miles west was just wiped out. Not many trees are still standing. That same path runs a good 100 miles to the north of the coast of Louisiana. Bad thing, the news is just not reporting on what has and is happening. These folks still need help.  

jasonb

fishfighter

I saw your build first on Tigerdroppings and then again on this forum and was pretty bummed to learn of your medical problems.  God Bless you in your fight and may all your days be happy.

Quote from: fishfighter on September 21, 2020, 10:43:10 AM
Sad thing I saw on this trip was what Laura did to southwest Louisiana.   

I have gone twice to cook jambalaya, hamburgers and hotdogs for the people in south Lake Charles and Sulphur.  I didn't get to see much but what I did see was really torn up.  They have a long way to go before they have any type of normal life.  I got caught up in the 2016 flood and I would rather have that situation than what SWLA is going through.
HM122

fishfighter

Why thanks. Just wish I could go help these people. I had many family members that were displaced from Katrina which changed their lives all together.

Welcome to FF. There is a ton of info here. Many boards to look into. ;D

realzed

Certainly says tons about your character - that in spite of your own personal problems, you take the time to recognize others having issues and hardships and wish there was a way you could help them out..
Congratulations for just being one fine human being - and I say that in all sincerity!            

fishfighter

Why thank you Sir.

Made another trip to the doctors office. Been dealing with a lot of pain in my back. It's nerve damage. Started a new pain med for that. It's helping. ;D Did get a temp power scooter. I will get out and ride up and down the road today. My street is a dead end with little traffic on it. Will pack a small ice chest with some beers and enjoy the day. :D Weather is nice and with some very cool weather coming next week. 8) 

Magicman

It's good to hear that you are able to get out and about with your new "wheels".  I too plan to enjoy this cooler weather.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Quote from: fishfighter on September 26, 2020, 10:30:09 AMI will get out and ride up and down the road today. My street is a dead end with little traffic on it. Will pack a small ice chest with some beers and enjoy the day.  Weather is nice and with some very cool weather coming next week.  

Enjoy yourself. You deserve it. Your positive outlook is a huge inspiration. You are a hero.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

samandothers

Hope you had a great outing and plans for others in the near future! Go 'hog' wild!

fishfighter

Morning all. Hope everyone is in good health and sawing away.

Myself, still hanging with the help of my dear wife. Can't walk at all now even with a walker. Been using a loaner power scooter to get around. Still waiting on the one I ordered. >:( Also still waiting for contracts to redo my house. >:( That has been more to do with all these storms we been getting.

Still having a lot of trouble breathing. Saw a doctor for that last Thursday. Had to be the best ever doctor I ever been to. He knew my complete health history without looking at a computer. Anyway, he has a group of people that will be here tomorrow with equipment to help me out. Would of been here Friday, but the storm stopped that.

Delta did some damage around the house, but not to bad. Just a big mess and a couple small trees down. We did loose power, but that is back on.

Magicman

It's good to hear an update from you Paul, and at least you did not blow nor wash away.

I wish you the best during your journey with this ALS.

Bruno of NH

Good to hear from you Paul
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

samandothers

Thanks for update.  Glad storm did not deal you more trouble.  Hope the folks and their equipment can aid you tomorrow.

thecfarm

Drinking and driving!!! Make sure no one calls the cops on ya.  :D 
Sorry to hear of your troubles.  :(   You are in my thoughts.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawmilllawyer

Always good to see or hear from you on here! Sorry about the ALS news.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

fishfighter

Had tried the ventilator. Nope, nope and more nope. It freaked me out all together. Doctor did send in some chill pills, but I am still scared to try even though I need it bad. :(

The other machine is a cough thingy. That helps a bunch, but it works like a ventilator and sucks up and collapse my lungs. :o

This morning I woke up crying due to the pain I was in. Took a couple hours with pain meds and now have it under control somewhat. As far as my back doctor, he said there is nothing that can be done to help. I will look for a new doctor now. That is BS. >:( There is no reason I should be in the amount of pain I been in. >:(

Other then that, still getting weaker by the day. Thanks for the prays. 

doc henderson

I have held back a little as you are probably getting lots of advice.  The ventilator takes getting used to, like scuba equipment.  If your back dr. is a surgeon, and says there is nothing else, maybe try a pain doc.  If you have respiratory weakness, some are concerned that the pain meds will further diminish your respiratory drive.  not all Docs in the same specialty are created equal.  If your pain is not controlled and the vent is not working for you, (If you were here), I would consider a hospital admission to get a handle on your pain plan, and see if with assistance, you can get accustom to the vent.  Is it bi-pap with a mask?  I worked as an RT in undergrad.  we used to vent ourselves so we could see why people panic.  A person has to learn to work with the machine.  I worked with a lady with ALS for several years (40 years ago).  She remained in the hospital as her husband never felt he could take her home.  Dorothy "Dot"!   FF I wish you well, and hope my comments did not create further conflict.  let me know if i can help.  God Bless.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

fishfighter

Hey Doc, thanks. They still adjusting the ventilator. Me sitting up verses laying down is a very big change. So it's hard to get things right. Then I get a solid crude big up in my throat that blocks my air way. >:( We did buy a new bed that lifts and adjust out like a hospital bed. Helps a little. 

Another problem that is starting is that my left foot and ankle has been swelling a good three times the normal size. That is starting to travel up my leg. From my knee down, all that is numb, but yet I still have feeling in it like pressure.

I will be seeing a pain manager doctor today. He is the same doctor that has been doing to roid shots in my back. Don't know how that will go. I am still in a lot of pain. :'(

Have another appointment with a ALS doctor group in Baton Rouge tomorrow. That is like 5 or 6 doctors that will be seeing me.

I had applied to a few drug study groups to see if I can get in one of them. More then willing to be a guinea pig to help find a cure of this crap.

Storm wise, all good here thanks to the cold front that pushed it northeast. Hope all in it's path are good.

Thank You Sponsors!