iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bobcat vandalism - can ya help

Started by sigidi, April 22, 2013, 04:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Sigidi, I don't know how you plan to drain the fuel tank.  But a 12V electric automotive fuel pump should be cheap from a junk yard.  Add a couple of hoses and connect to the battery;  Fast, safe, easy to use...  Just a suggestion.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

redprospector

Quote from: sigidi on May 07, 2013, 04:16:19 PM
Dan, last thing I've got left to do is clean out the fuel tank, he's been workin hard for me this last week. Chaincase has been all flushed of toothpaste oil/water gunk and re-filled with 35 litres of the good stuff now.

Gonna try a thing a bloke on a digger suggested on this job I'm doin at the moment - he suggested blowing air back through the fuel pick up to clear the end of line filter thingo, then drain and flush the fuel tank. This should be a lot easier than taking the engine out to get to the business end of the fuel tank.

Got some nice pics of this job - got the extensions on and cutting up to 7.2m beams out, will post later
Be carefull putting compressed air to the pick up line. I did this on an 863 that I had, it blew the filter/screen off the end of the pickup tube, which just let the silt and crap in the tank go through to the fuel filter. It was using up a fuel filter in about 3 hours. If your 763 is set up like my 863 was, there is an access plate in the body behind the right rear wheel. You have to take the wheel off to get into it. You can reach the pickup tube from that access, it isn't easy, but it can be reached. But you're still going to have to clean out the tank.

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

SPIKER

FYI for water in oil you can add some alcohol (reasonable price) to help flush & absorb & remove it.   some of the HEET type fuel line antifreeze additive is made from it mostly & helps to DRY it (also known as DRYGAS brands.)

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

petefrom bearswamp

I thought this crap only happened in our increasingly liberal US of A.
Sorry for your very distressing problem.
Hang in there !
Peter
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!