iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Almost there

Started by Kingcha, April 28, 2013, 08:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingcha

Weather depending tomorrow I will uncrate the new mill and start setting it up.   Looks like we have rain possible.   I am guessing I will need about 3 hours to uncrate, assemble the bed and put the saw carriage on the bed and out of the weather.  All new to me so I can only guess.    8)
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Ga Mtn Man

Very exciting news!  We're happy for you and look forward to seeing your first boards off the mill.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

WoodenHead

That sounds exciting!  Remember to post some pictures for us!  :)

Tee

If your like me, it will take a harder rain than normal to stop this kid with a new toy.

thecfarm

And if I think it will take 3,it will take 5. But do it right,the way you want to have it set up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kingcha

Yes I will post pic's when its set up.

Yeah I would work through the rain but not with an electric motor.

Yeah It might take longer then I think, but I will take my time.   

Not even thinking about the first board yet, yeah right
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Magicman

Well congratulations on a well thought out and researched dream coming true.  I look forward to sharing your adventure.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Happycamper

Matt,
   We are all waiting for the first photos of your new unit. You have planned this for quite some time and are in for a pleasant surprise. I can attest once you get the "hang" of it it is a pleasure to saw and especially being electric will be wonderful.
                                  Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

justallan1

Congrats Kingcha.
You must have been busy, I haven't noticed you on here in a few.
Allan

drobertson

No doubt this is a very exiciting time, and by the way, I hope you don't mind but everytime you post, I always say " lets see what Kachinga has going on" not sure why,  so you are Kachinga to me, hope all goes well for you man,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

roghair

Keep us posted on the progress, you have been waiting so long for this moment. Enjoy and forget the delivery hurdle!
built a sawmill

Kingcha

Thanks all for the encouragement, I do appreciate it.

Well, the rain sorta won today.   We got a lot of misc. work done, brush piles moved, stumps pulled and hauled and even had a fire in the brick pizza oven to dry it out from the winter.   

Called it early once the rain started coming down harder but got so much done.

Here are a few photo's   

Matt

TimGA

Happy for ya, looks like a great spot, have fun.
                                         Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

thecfarm

Tommorow the big day????
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kingcha

I hope so Farm, but I am not going to fight the weather.    My morning will start with a cup of coffee while I check the live radar and weather online.   Being Michigan I will still have to rely on walking out the door for a final check of the weather.   

Matt

Magicman

Your sawmill will have a cozy new home.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kingcha

Finally got a clear day and got started.  Got it all uncrated and the first 2 rails bolted together.   Ran into a problem installing the last 4 leveler legs.  One of the leg screws looks to have been mis-threaded in manufacturing.     As I had expected WM is shipping out a new one today.   So hopefully Friday we(The Wife & I) can finish the assembly and I will get those pics up for you all.    We actually got all the other little stuff done.  We really don't have much to do and it's such a beautiful day today I am switching over to cooking mode.   Yep the wood-fired brick oven is going to be fired up and it's homemade pizza tonight.

thecfarm

I am looking forward to the post that is titled,We are there.

Kingcha

So do I farm, so do I.  Or even better, one that says first log sawed  :)

schakey

digin_2 Pizza!, I just love pizza.
Can't wait to for more pictures.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Thank You Sponsors!