iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer Outfeed Table??

Started by stavebuyer, May 13, 2012, 01:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stavebuyer

Anybody have experience with the Wood-Mizer roller outfeed table? The flat outfeed table on my LT70 is not very handy for crossties. I know you could probably build something cheaper but the adjustable legs look like they would be a real benefit. I am wondering that if the front of the WM roller table was tilted down(front lower than the back by an inch or two) that the center of gravity for 8'8" cants/slabs/boards would be such that the mill could drag them back far enough to make them "tilt" down and gravity feed away on a second set of rollers?

JV

I bought one when I got my LT-40.  They are built very heavy and aren't very mobile.  I use mine when I'm sawing alone at home and using the board return.  You can lower one end and they are heavy enough to handle large beams. 
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Brucer

I looked very closely at one at a demo. They will take a real beating, but they are also pretty DanG heavy. The weight was going to be an issue for me at the time, so I just bought the rollers from WM and fabricated my own table -- light enough that I can shift it around myself but strong enough to deal with whatever I but on it.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!