iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

debarker--I'm guessing

Started by doug olsen, March 25, 2016, 05:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug olsen

Being a new comer to the forum, I'm not quite up to speed on a lot of things --however, from what I've seen, the debarkers, if that is the correct name, are only of 120V. I have a LT 15 and it would be nice to have this feature. Maybe not cost efficient for the volume I do, so I was just wondering what others might have rigged up or NOT. Or is there another way of extending blade life....Like I said, I'm recent here and have lots of questions....most of whichI prob won't ask and will just learn like the rest of you have -- haha
LT 15/portable trlr., 580 Case hoe/thumb, JD 570 Skidsteer (bkn.) 500 Rubicon quad

redbeard

A local fellow Sawyer has a manual mill and while I was visiting him, I watched his method of preping a log for opening cut. I was impressed with his method. He would find the height and run mill up to log with blade engaged make a small cut then raise up to clear log push to other end come down to cut height and Mark with crayon. Then he took his chalk line using the small kerf he cut in log and snap a line. Then with small bar chain saw he ran down both sides of line making a nice clean area for blade. That was the only cut his blade was in the bark. Didn't take him long either. His next cuts were into opening faces untill he achieved a cant.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Magicman

Quote from: doug olsen on March 25, 2016, 05:41:37 PMthe debarkers, if that is the correct name, are only of 120V.
My debarker is 12 VDC, and it is heavy.  I do not recall whether anyone has fabricated one for an LT15.  There again, weight would be a problem.  I do not find a factory debarker option for any WM sawmill smaller than the LT35.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trapper

Quote from: redbeard on March 25, 2016, 06:02:48 PM
A local fellow Sawyer has a manual mill and while I was visiting him, I watched his method of preping a log for opening cut. I was impressed with his method. He would find the height and run mill up to log with blade engaged make a small cut then raise up to clear log push to other end come down to cut height and Mark with crayon. Then he took his chalk line using the small kerf he cut in log and snap a line. Then with small bar chain saw he ran down both sides of line making a nice clean area for blade. That was the only cut his blade was in the bark. Didn't take him long either. His next cuts were into opening faces untill he achieved a cant.

Thanks I like that idea
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!