iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wallenstein Skidding Winch

Started by chance33, April 20, 2013, 09:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chance33

I'm looking at an older FX-90 that looks to be in good shape. But, I remember a FF thread from some time ago that implied that older models had some design problems. I tried a search for this thread but couldn't find it. Can anyone tell me when Wallenstein made their skid winch quality improvements.
Mahindra 4025 4wd, FEL, Farm351P, Turner portable mill w/ 25 hp Honda, Wood Beaver 16 Processor.

timberlinetree

We bought a fansgard?winch for a 2010 new Holland t1520. We didn't shop around just ordered from saw shop had a sale on my model.  found out why they were on sale!older models(allthoug is was brand new)don't fit that well on new tractors.it can't lower all the way down on steep hills or  the PTO shaft will fall off! It has been a huge help w our tree business but to small for logging. Good luck!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

shinnlinger

If it works and it's  $1000 I would buy it and live with it's shortcomings(I don't even know if that specific model has any).  If it is $2500 I would buy a new one.  There are some new ones that work better with smaller tractors that aren't too bad $ wise, but used ones seem to still go for top dollar.

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

JohnM

I've got an even older FX8000 and love it.  The previous owner said the guard/grate that would protect someone operating from seat never fit right, couldn't lift the winch to full height with the ROPS up.  I've never had it on and never operate from the seat.  For me it does everything I ask it to.  It's on a Kubota L3710.

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Thank You Sponsors!