iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Construction process of twin retort charcoal kiln

Started by ospmk, February 06, 2015, 09:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ospmk

Hello everyone,

I would like to share with you photo moments of building process of a twin retort charcoal kiln with smokeless and scentless technology.

The end result should look like this:

Frame of the kiln being delivered to the location:

tule peak timber

Impressive looking! Is this for the folks making whiskey ? Welcome to the forum...Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

What country, and location are you? Suggest putting that info in your profile... just click your name to get to where you can update the info. 

Would like to hear more about the kiln and the operation where it is being set up.

Looks similar to the one in these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRc05RSZ65A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-DVaeedynw
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

terrifictimbersllc

Welcome, osmpk.  Also very interested in hearing more about the kiln and what you're interested in.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

ospmk

Thanks for your welcome. I got involved in the charcoal making activities a decade ago and basically built the first kiln all by myself after researching the most advanced technologies in Europe and slightly improving them to make them even more efficient. I am delighted to share my experience with you and maybe this will inspire someone as I believe this is not as difficult as it looks from the first sight.

Quote from: tule peak timber on February 06, 2015, 09:33:13 AM
Impressive looking! Is this for the folks making whiskey ? Welcome to the forum...Rob
Of course, one of the applications could be for whiskey. However, this particular kiln is manufacturing premium quality charcoal for grilling in restaurants. For example, this charcoal is processed in the kiln from birch, which is excellent for restaurants because of no sparkling, flameless, smokeless and scentless features.

Quote from: beenthere on February 06, 2015, 10:57:51 AM
What country, and location are you?

Would like to hear more about the kiln and the operation where it is being set up.

Looks similar to the one in these videos.
I am located in the Baltic States in Europe. Yes, this is the same kiln, but I will try to add more pictures here.

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 07, 2015, 12:22:06 PM
Welcome, osmpk.  Also very interested in hearing more about the kiln and what you're interested in.
This type of equipment is relatively simple to monitor, i.e, one person is fully enough to operate the kiln, and it can be installed indoors.

More pictures. Fundament and frame being set up.

jueston

welcome to the forum

this should be interesting to follow, thanks for posting pictures as you go.

ospmk

Thank You Sponsors!