iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Brenda's Garden Shed

Started by thecfarm, September 25, 2013, 08:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Finally,it's been a long road. The steel is on. All the lumber came off my land. Mostly hemlock,some red pine,some white pine for the roof and the porch is cedar.

Windows was found out by the road. Someone replaced thier windows and had these for free. Just windows,I had to build the frames. I kinda did the window sills the old way. Big and thick. Nothing fancy,but windows was not fancy then either. Building is 24X12. Porch is 8x10
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

hackberry jake

Looks a lot better than my garden shed! Nice job!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

DanG Ray....When I read garden shed, I wasn't expecting something like this. Beautiful!

Please, please, please come build me one like yours....I'll call it, Julie's Grits Shed.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

barbender

That look's nice enough that we need some close ups ;)
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

Poston,DanG,no way am I doing anything with that 5 letter word involved.  ;D
This is not a building for keeping spades,rakes,hoes and seeds. She has brought so much stuff to put in there,I will have to add on to get it all in.  ::)  She has brought an old electric stove,maybe in the 50's. the cord looks new,it just might work,a Hoosier,I lost count on dressers,cabinets,2-3,a dorm fridge. We are having a hard time finding the dining room.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

thecfarm
That is looking good.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on September 25, 2013, 08:36:15 PM
Poston,DanG,no way am I doing anything with that 5 letter word involved.  ;D
This is not a building for keeping spades,rakes,hoes and seeds. She has brought so much stuff to put in there,I will have to add on to get it all in.  ::)  She has brought an old electric stove,maybe in the 50's. the cord looks new,it just might work,a Hoosier,I lost count on dressers,cabinets,2-3,a dorm fridge. We are having a hard time finding the dining room.

In other words, this is her "LADY CAVE". Way to go Brenda!  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mikeb1079

looks great cfarm, and nice to see someone else with a wife named brenda. 
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

WDH

That is a garden shed  ???.  Looks like a garden HOUSE  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WmFritz

I don't know what I like better... the shed or the view from the porch. smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

isawlogs

Looks good Ray, I'm sure it will be filled in no time and you will be working on that extention right quick.   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

hackberry jake

Ill bet Brenda said "once you get my garden shed built you will be sleeping in it if you (whatever he did wrong) again!!!".
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

justallan1

WOW! Nice job. I need me a "shed" about like that to retire to.

Allan

bandmiller2

A lot of folks would be proud to call that "shed" home.We have a lot of clever rascals on this forum. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

drobertson

cfarm, I like! I too had a different mental picture of what it would look like, once seeing it I figured it was a
get-a-way. It just looks great,  nice work,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

scsmith42

Ray, your "garden shed" looks nicer than some places that I've Lived in! 

Great looking project; thanks for sharing.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

thecfarm

This Garden Shed started out as a Veggie shack for us to sell baked goods and veggies out of. I started it last year and just getting the roof on now. We was very busy last year with the business.This year was terrible. We would stay open all day to make $3. This happened quite often too.Our location is not the best,but in years past we would not of known that. We live on a back road and our road is a dead end dirt road.We have been selling veggies for years and doing quite well at it. She just started the baked goods a few years ago and last year did real good at it. We decided to build a building. We had no idea that this year would be so bad. So I have turned it over to the wife to do whatever she wants. We are going to have out summers back. Every summer we are tied to the business and can not go out together until we close or before we are open.

rmack

Quote from: hackberry jake on September 25, 2013, 11:44:52 PM
Ill bet Brenda said "once you get my garden shed built you will be sleeping in it if you (whatever he did wrong) again!!!".

I don't know anyone who has ever suffered from a good backup plan   ;D

btw, good job on the building.  :)
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

thecfarm

Now she is wanting heat and electricity out there. Maybe to keep me warm.  :D  It's not really a big deal. I do have another hook up on the OWB. A guy up the road will dig the trench. It will be going under the driveway and I think I have to go down four feet because of that.

This is the back wall.I used full 8X8 for the posts and I put full 2x8's on each side of the posts and then put 2x8's for rafters. On the left is a 1956 license plate that I found in an old stone wall from my Father's tractor.

The ceiling,

Inside window

Outside window

Front porch,was made from cedar

Sixacresand

Very nice and I know it was a lot of hard work, of which I suspect you enjoyed every minute.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

drobertson

I see a fire pit in the mix, and some real nice evenings relaxing and enjoying,  real nice, great job, real happy for you both,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

That is another project.   ::)  We have a cement fire place out back. It comes in pieces,even has some copper to dress it up some. We use it to cook on. That needs to be moved. Brenda has a few friends. I am being more than double teamed. Them women can come up with more ideas. Like Brenda needs any help. But that is fine. I just say, yep.I don't mind just the wife,but throw in another 5-6-7 women adding to the fire. Man I need to go out side and do a few projects for me.  :D

Hilltop366

sandhills

Thank You Sponsors!